“Nice stop”

Ranked #1,080 of 8,991 Restaurants in Houston
Neighbourhood: The Museum District
Neighbourhood: The Museum District
Reviewed 8 June 2019 via mobile

In Houston for a wedding, walked to Java Lava Brew for breakfast. Had excellent mushroom omelet. Would definitely recommend.

Date of visit: June 2019
1  Thank Rose M
Write a reviewReviews (11)

Reviewed 22 April 2019 via mobile

We had breakfast here on a beautiful Saturday morning. Our meals were delicious (spam/egg croissant and Hawaiian pancakes with sausage), but it’d be great if real maple syrup is offered. I’m not a big coffee drinker, but the coffee is very good - not bitter at all. The outdoor seating made me want to lounge for hours. Next time we’ll try lunch or dinner!

Date of visit: April 2019
Reviewed 19 April 2019 via mobile

A new scene with very happy, hip clients and servers with the best espresso I have ever had in the US. Velvety, viscous, and rich. Must be the organic coffee but the machines and knowledgeable barista certainly enhanced the effort. Twice as good as Sant Ambroeus in New York. Extremely impressed with the little cookie and ice water too. The best!

Date of visit: April 2019
4  Thank wsdoyle
Reviewed 10 February 2019

Walked down for a quick bite while in town visiting. Service was very good, nice happy people, and once we made our selections, the food was there so fast I couldn't believe that they hadn't already made it all ahead of our arrival.

Date of visit: February 2019
1  Thank SouthofSolonSprings
Reviewed 5 February 2019 via mobile

First of all.... WHAT A FUN PLACE !

This quaint little gem amongst all the high rises is very fun to visit. With amazing patio space and ample inside seating for all weather.

The entire staff is very friendly and helpful. It is very obvious that the entire staff takes pride in their work.

My wife had the chicken special (I ate most of it) I had the fish and chips I ate most of it as well).

Now for the best part !!!!

The coffee is all imported from Hawaii from the family farm and is brewed to perfection! What an amazing cup of Java!

We will be back !