“EPIC sushi”
Review of Kukuri

Kukuri
Ranked #1,860 of 8,696 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 1 November 2017

The freshest sushi and sashimi I have experienced in Houston. Kukuri offers many different fishes from around the world that no other restaurant here in Houston has. The kitchen are amazing, but the sushi and sashimi is where its at. I absolutely love how they have different fishes every single day. This is definitely a must try for sushi lovers.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

I've been doing business in the united state and Japan for many years so I count myself among the most spoiled persons when it comes to food and travel. I have tried a lot of Japanese restaurants in the states but none are like home... well until now anyway.

I have to say I'm in love with this little gem of a place. They do have some American components but still manage to feel real Japanese.

Wish them the best!!!

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

If you’re looking for an authentic sushi experience that makes you feel like you’re straight up in Japan... Kukuri is your place!!! I had the Omakasi and never have I ever had fish that fresh! Chef Ishikawa is a Michelin rated chef and it shows... will be back here again and again and again...

Reviewed 25 October 2017

What an extraordinary sushi experience. I have had SOO MUCH sushi in my life and have actually begun to get bored with the offerings of some of the best of them. This was simple the most diverse I've ever experienced of fresh fish.... Side note. I've worked for prominent sushi restaurants so I know that most that have a tsukiji menu are not getting their fish actually from tsukiji. Chef Ishikawa is... I had Sanma, Anago,Katsuo, Shako, Nama Tako, Tabiuo, Kamasu, Chili/Mexico/Santa Barbra/ Hokkaido uni in a flight that changed EVERYTHING!!!

Service wasn't perfect but then they are a month old... I was there for the Chef and incredible food. They will come into their own and hopefully stick around.

When you want good Japanese food and good enough sushi check out kata and uchi... but if you are looking for once in a lifetime sushi go and ask for Chef Ishikawa at Kukuri.

Mind BLOWN!!!!

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

When we first arrived, we were a bit intimidated by the menu. It seemed hard to navigate, however, we inquired about the Omakase and that changed everything! It's recommended that you reserve ahead, but being that it was a Wednesday night, they were able to accommodate us. The entire Omakase experience was by far one of the best I've had in the city. Will definitely be back!