“First time and fantastic”
Review of Agu Ramen

Agu Ramen
Ranked #2,682 of 8,906 Restaurants in Houston
Reviewed 10 January 2018

I came solo to this restaurant looking for a food experience. It was awesome! I was seated immediately at lunch time with no waiting and was given a menu and Mr. FArchambeau took my drink order. Upon his return with my drink, he gave me several dining options to help me select several things to try. I tried the Gyoza, AGUcini, and the seaweed salad. Food arrived and it was delicious. Chopsticks on the table, but he brought a fork without my asking in case I was not comfortable with the chopsticks. The Gyoza was excellent, sauce on the table and several different kinds tried all varieties and all were good. Next up, the Agucini or rice balls. These hit it out of the ball park, awesomely good. The seaweed salad, its a personal favorite of mine and not too many places carry this so for me, I loved it and it was just the right amount. I went looking for a dining experience and it was great as a lunch pick. Next time I will have the ramen and explore that. The place was clean, service great, ambience was also nice, in a bistro type setting.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

My wife lived in Japan for 15 years, and is always looking for authentic Japanese food. She said this place was good, but lacked a few of her favorites on the menu. I have been to Japan several times also. I thought it was good.