All reviews rooftop bar illy coffee machine bathroom amenities front desk valet parking a great stay comfortable bed upgraded to a suite convention center choose this hotel next morning location is great room service very nice hotel room was large within walking distance would stay again
Reviewed 6 November 2017

Beautiful new hotel not far from Convention Center. Big spacious room, heat worked, clean, and quiet. We were on the 16th floor and could hear the city train going until around 10 PM, then it got quieter. The shuttle worked perfect for us to get around. What surprised us was restaurants were closed in the immediate area on Sunday night. The complimentary breakfast in the hotel was very good, however, they could have left the coffee carafe on the table. Refills were slow to come.

Room Tip: It's in the middle of the business district. Like any city its surrounded by concert buildings.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Stephen S, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Pat, thank you for staying at Le Meridien Houston Downtown. We appreciate your wonderful comments. Our goal is to be sure we that we not only meet bit exceed our guest expectation and I am happy that our team was able to do that.

I have forwarded your comments to our Food and Beverage team regarding your suggestions for breakfast.

Thank you again for your review and I hope to see you again soon during your next stay in Houston.

Reviewed 5 November 2017

I am tardy writing this review but realized if I enjoyed my experience enough to book again, I should share why I chose this property! I stayed early October for my birthday weekend. Evita was extra-specially hospitable in calling ahead of my reservation to offer amenities to make my stay more pleasant. Upon our arrival, we had a beautifully appointed suite as an upgrade with our SPG Gold membership and a plate of eclairs and bottle of Prosecco waiting for us! I especially loved the spaciousness of the bathroom as well as the fantastic smelling bath soap. I enjoyed the proximity to Pappas Brothers Steakhouse where we dined right across the street. We truly enjoyed the comfort and service offered during our stay...so much so that I already have 2 more rooms reserved for another upcoming event! Perpetuate this level of authenticity and sincerity and Le Méridien Houston will have our continued loyalty.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Stephen S, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2017

Suni, thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip to Houston and for sharing your review.
We were thrilled to read how you enjoyed our location and services. We will celebrate those with our team as we do so enjoy when we go above and beyond our guests' expectations.

Thank you again and we look forward to your return.

Reviewed 5 November 2017 via mobile

We stayed here one night. The hotel is newely renovated and it can be seen. Our stay was uneventful. Staff was friendly. Rooms was clean and nicely decorated. Nice coffee in the room.

My only issues was we got the SPG subscription done at check in and my last name was spelled wrong and now it's a nightmare to fix. The staff did nit know how to fix it; the manager did corrected according to him, but when I went online at SPG it was not. Niw I cannit link my acxiunt with Marriott since the last names do not match... Make sure you do it yourself before.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to fill out your thoughts on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that the stay went well but I am sorry that your experience with SPG was negative. We have addressed it with our staff.

We look hope to seeing you at the Le Meridien on your next visit to the area and will certainly do our best to provide the excellent service and accommodations we are accustomed to giving and you are accustomed to receiving.

Reviewed 1 November 2017

Awesome hotel !

very spacious rooms, and clean.

Travis provided awesome service and he is so funny as well, it was always a pleasure to see him at the front desk and speaking to him over the phone, so polite. Best part after I departed he called me personally to wish me safe travels to my next destination, made me feel special. Awesome service !

My experiences was great and the service was awesome,everyone have they opinion, but the best thing to do is see for yourself. my overall experiences 2 tumbs up and I will be returning to see my favorite person Travis ! He will get the job done !

Didn't eat at the restaurant, but I heard it was a okay joint from co workers.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Stephen S, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2017

Thank you for staying at Le Meridien Houston Downtown. We appreciate your wonderful comments regarding our team. I will be sure to share your comments with them. Our goal is to be sure we that we not only meet bit exceed our guest expectation and I am happy that our team was able to do that.

Reviewed 31 October 2017 via mobile

Very nice hotel blocks from Minute Maid Park. Staff was incredibly nice and helpful. Valet was a bit steep at $35.00 but may be due to World Series. Room was very Art Deco and nice. Very clean and welcoming. Warning thin walls and sound from hallway is an issue. All in all it was good. I’d stay again.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
Stephen S, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Houston Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Jeff, Thank you for your review of your stay at the Le Meridien Houston Downtown.

We appreciate your kind words and we have noted your noise comment. Our goal is to always be looking for ways to improve our guest stay, so you feedback is important to us.

We hope you will revisit us on a future trip to Houston.

Steve.