All reviews parking garage modern design small pool the check in process clean rooms room key would stay here again business trip water pressure per day the room was nice elevator plug cons properties closet
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Couldn't be more perfect if your business or shopping objectives are in the Galleria area. The mall is just couple of easy blocks by foot, good restaurants a short drive away, and the freeway easy to get to. Breakfast options at the hotel are limited but enough for a quick bite before rushing off to a meeting or to tide you over until you decide what's up for lunch in the big city. Front desk staff are friendly and try to be helpful with information since Aloft doesn't appear to have a concierge service. I would stay here again if back in the area.

Date of stay: March 2018
Tate H, Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Hi!

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I was happy to read that you found the staff friendly/accommodating and loved our location which is close to anything you may need when visiting the Galleria. Thank you again for the kind words and staying with us. We look forward to seeing you again --

Reviewed 21 March 2018

unwelcoming lobby and non-descript decors. my room was not made up in the morning. my phone was not answered in the evening. receptionist had unhelpful attitude. i do not recommend this hotel where I stayed 2 nights on a business trip. need i say more?

Room tip: do not pick this hotel
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank jlpac
Tate H, Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

jlpac,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I sincerely apologize for the issues you described. Our decor is more modern, colorful and contemporary along with large windows, an open layout, mood lighting, and music all set the tone for an eclectic and electric destination. This is common throughout aloft Hotels, so again its unfortunate this wasn't to your liking. I will personally speak with our talent members letting them know the reason we are here is to be helpful and make our guests comfortable during their stay. I do encourage you next time to voice your concerns with management before leaving so we can be given the opportunity to make it right for you. As issues do happen, and the way we recover from them is what sets us apart from the rest. This way you leave feeling taken care of and appreciated. We do hope to see you again so we can regain your trust.

Reviewed 26 February 2018

Service was horrible room was never cleaned the entire weekend of my stay. They never changed sheets or have fresh towels when I called to request I was told I had to do it myself because they don’t know why the staff didn’t do it

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Tate H, Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Jedwar,

Thank you for the feedback, I truly apologize for your experience with us. This is very uncharacteristic of not only the staff, but our property. I would appreciate it very much if you could contact me via email at tate.harris@alofthouston.com so I could get some more details on the issues mentioned.

Reviewed 24 February 2018

The employees behind the front desk and the bar were pleasant and accommodating. I felt comfortable going to them for any questions I had about the hotel and the area.

The room I got had a King Bed (roughly 280 sq ft), and it was more than enough for myself. The "closet" was a bunch of cubbies along one wall of the restroom. This actually worked out great. The in-room safe is in one of these cubbies too. As for the bedroom area, my favorite feature was the night stands on both sides of the bed. They had a cable hole drilled into them to allow for cables to reach the A/C outlets just underneath the shelf. There was also a bottom/lower shelf too. I travel with several devices that need charging, and this solution accommodated them perfectly.

The location was very easy to get to and is near the Houston Galleria (within a mile). The on-site parking garage actually makes up the first few floors of the building, which is an efficient use of space. Parking is only $18 overnight with unlimited in-out privileges. I've stayed at other hotels in other cities where the overnight parking fees were $40 and up, so $18 seems like a bargain.

The amenities that I used were just what I needed. They are as follows: Walk-in Shower with Oversized Showerhead, Signature Platform Bed, 42" LCD Flat-Panel Television with Cable Programming, Workspace with Ergonomic Desk Chair, Full-Length Mirror, Air-Conditioning with Individual Climate Control, Fast & Free WiFi access, and the In-Room Safe.

I was in town for an event within a few miles away from the Houston Galleria, so my stay was only for one night. However, I was very pleased with my experience here and would plan to book another room with this hotel the next time I'm in Houston.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Brandon H
Tate H, Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Brandon,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review. I am glad to hear that you were able to enjoy our great amenities during your stay with us, and even more pleased that our talent members behind the desk and bar were accommodating. We hope to see you again in the near future!

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Room was dirty and a/c din't work. Change room twice and decide to check out the room same day. Not great customer services front welcome desk. They don't care about the issued mentioned on this review. Will never stay again at this property.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank speed2018
Tate H, Manager at Aloft Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Speed2018,

Thank you for taking time and reviewing us here at the Aloft Houston by the Galleria. I was glad to hear you were able to re:charge and experience our great fitness center during your day stay with us. It was however unfortunate to hear about the issues you explained. Though not the norm these issues are inconvenient, but easily rectifiable. Our talent members at the front desk are more than capable and willing to help you with these issues and would do nothing less to ensure your comfortable and satisfied with the solutions offered. I do apologize this wasn't the case with your experience.