“Clean and comfortable”

Ranked #62 of 515 Hotels in Houston
Corona, California
“Clean and comfortable”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

I stayed here one night on a business trip. The hotel was very clean and my bed was very comfortable. I stay at many hotels while on business and this was one of the better ones. Good location and the staff was very friendly. I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2012
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this review, 27 March 2012
Hello; Thanks for your feedback, it appears from your comments that you spend a great deal of time travelling and are able to see many many hotels, I was delighted that the Sheraton Houston West was a stand out and that you enjoyed your brief visit. We get a great deal of compliments about the comfort of the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Bed and I was pleased to read that you enjoyed it too!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Lumut
Reviewed 10 February 2012

This is good stop over hotel, clean efficient with no frills ideal for business in the heart of the oil and gas district. Pay as you go for all meals.
My second stay and would stay there again

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Fourpointsgm, General Manager at Sheraton Houston West, responded to this review, 16 April 2012
Hello; I was pleased to read that your brief visit was an enjoyable one, I do hope we will see you back at the hotel soon.
Elk Grove, California
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Hotel room was terrific along with friendly front desk staff. King size bedroom bed was comfortable.Work space in room was nicely organized .Check-in and check-out was quick and efficient.Price was reasonable , hotel was safe Houston police was very visible on the property and very friendly as well .The front desk dy staff gave direct direction to our destination.The lobby with the fireplace burning gave off an warm environment.Hotel was peaceable.

We had one incident where ,I was in bedresting and the mainteance person had enter my room before I could get out of the bed .He was in room change batteries in the doorKey lock. This scared me and made me feel afraid and unsafety for a minute, my assitant immmediately reported this to the manager after she was informed.Manager adddress the issue with the maintaence person. Apology was offered by manager and it was excepted know other issue. Inspite of this incident my over all stay wa wonderful and I will stay at this hotel again on my next business trip in April 2012

Room Tip: If you do not likea shower and want a bathtube .Please make sure you request a room with a tube .I a...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Hello; thank you for the feedback, my sincere appologies for the unfortunate situation with our engineer entering your room before you were able to answer the door. We have a very defined policy about how many times we knock on a door before entering and the staff know to annouce themselves at the door before entering the room. I will ensure we re-visit this standard with our teams. I was glad that the rest of your stay was enjoyable and that we will see you back at the hotel again.
Delaware
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Hotel room was terrific. Large room, comfortable beds. Really nice desk for work space. Front desk very friendly; check-in and check-out quick and efficient. Price reasonable, but given location and New Year's week, I thought we might even be able to get a better deal as the hotel was not fuill and seemed to cater to business travelers. My only issue is that they seemed to put most guests on the same floor when it seems like they could have spread guests across the floors. At 3am on New Year's Eve, a large group of guests came off the elevator and were very disruptive, yelling down the hallway and going in and out of rooms. I waited awhile (given it was New Year's Eve) but then called down to the desk. Noone answered the first two times which was a little disconcerting. Then tried again 20 minutes later and they sent someone up. Noise continued on and off for another 20-30 minutes. When I checked out, the desk apologized and offered to comp us breakfast. They said they had to send security up a couple of times so it did look like they tried to contain it. I'm not sure how much more they could have done and guests can be disruptive at any hotel. It would have been nice, however, if they grouped this party altogether on one floor and then put other guests on a different floor, given how empty the hotel was. Also, in the morning there was broken beer bottles in the parking lot which doesn't make a great presentation. All in all, I think we will stay here again the next time we visit family here as the rooms are nice and the location works well for us. We're hoping this was a aberation.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 31 December 2011

I have not stayed at a Sheraton property in years. My wife and I stayed at this property of a couple of days. The hotel is brand new. The place is immaculate. But the hotel is close to Beltway 8 and Clay Rd, therefore you get road noise from both. There is a restaurant on the property. But this means no complimentary breakfast!

There is La Quinta and Holiday Inn Express across further back from Clay and the Beltway and they furnish a free breakfast.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple