“Terribly Dirty!”

Ranked #63 of 506 Hotels in Houston
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Terribly Dirty!”
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This is my first stay at a Drury Hotel, and I am hoping it will be the last. The Hotel and room are in terrible shape, carpets are dirty, the fridge smells like old musty socks. It is a shame. The beds and pillows are not comfortable and make for terrible sleep also.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Fab221
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We stayed over Labor Day weekend after researching several hotels in the area. We love Drury Inn because they are pet friendly, have complimentary breakfast, as well as complimentary snacks in the evening.

I'll admit, when we first pulled up at 10:30pm, my husband and I were both a little weary. It is in South Houston and the area just didn't look too great at night. We stuck with it though. The inside of the hotel was fine: clean, neat, and just like the last Drury Inn we stayed at (except smaller). Overall, our three night stay was good. There was a large group also staying there but everything was nice and quiet for us. Room was clean and comfortable, the breakfast was fine. I'm glad we decided to stay. Not the nicest we've stayed at but definitely acceptable. Oh and the staff were friendly - in fact the manager saw us at breakfast two mornings and asked if we were doing okay and if we needed anything.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beckasdream
smwpoole
Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed here while going to see the Houston Astros. It was clean and comfortable. We had a pleasant stay even though the Astros lost. ;-)

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smwpoole
Reviewed 7 August 2011

Stay here this pass weekend and it was a very nice stay. The bed & pillows were very comfy. And the free breakfast was great! I would definately comeback and stay.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LadyMels
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I was booked by a client here for a speaking event I had at Ellington Air Force base. It was the first time I ever stayed at a Drury Inn. The check in staff was friendly, the process was easy and quick, just in time for some free drinks and snacks. A nice touch after being on the road, I just made a quick trip to the free happy hour so I'm not sure about the food quality but the rum and coke was pretty darn good, starts at 5:30 not sure when they close it down. They also had free soda (Pepsi products) and pop corn until about 10 or that's a nice touch. I was impressed, working late in my room it was nice to go down for a free refill soda.

The hotel does look a bit out of date with fixtures, carpet and wall color but to the credit of this hotel they had a big flat screen TV. The only thing that I noticed that may have been an issue for some was the Tv kept going blank with an error message which read "lost signal". Not too much of an issue for since it was mostly background noise. All the basics are in order, clean towels/sheets and your standard mid range soaps and shampoo's.

The pool and hot tube looked nice and was packed out with kids as I passed them on the way to my room. I left too early to check out the free breakfast which is 7-9.

I did read the previous review on the earwig bugs in the bathroom area and did an inspection upon getting into my room, Good news no sign of bugs at all, I think the management team responded to this issue.

Overall a very Nice Stay! I've stayed at several hotels near by and I'd stay here again for sure.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled on business