“Inexpensive and fills the bill.”

Crossland Economy Studios - Houston - Northwest
Ranked #279 of 518 Hotels in Houston
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

We had never stayed at an extended stay facility before. It was a new experience to say the least. You get what you pay for, and don't get what you don't pay for. First of all I couldn't get the wifi to work properly for 3 days, my bad. I called the office and they told me I had already paid for it and gave me the password, it worked flawlessly for the rest of our stay on my laptop, iPad and phone. Next we ran out of toilet paper and the cleaning staff said we had to buy our own, but gave me a short roll, then we went and bought our own. Then we read that they clean the rooms once a week. That means vacuuming, changing the bedding and that's all. There is a laundry on site, large, several machines and convenient, so we washed our towels with our laundry. We met several other guests, all were friendly they told us they live here as it was much cheaper than renting anything else in the area. We also observed several service company vehicles here, and assumed they were here on a weekly basis. After all that it made sense why it was so competitively priced. Buying toilet paper and washing towels with our laundry was far less expensive than other places in the area. It was very clean and had a very safe feel even when I went out to get things from my car at 11:30 at nite. We asked about printing our boarding passes and they said if we email them to the office during office hours, they can print them for us. Yes we would recommend staying at this facility, just bear in mind it is 1/2 or 1/3 because your not getting fresh towels and room cleaning every day. You do get a stove, sink and fridge, no pans, silverware etc. nice TV, free parking and convenient location.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 17 November 2016 via mobile

First of all they are pet friendly which means there will be fleas, ticks, and other bugs. So the room was booked thru Expedia. The price was reasonable $53.65 but not worth it. The room was small. It had a kitchenette. No dishes or kitchen appliances or silverware. The restroom had about 6 nats flying in the shower. Totally disgusting!! Then in the room there was nats and about 4 mosquitos flying around. I immediately called the office. The young lady behind was very helpful and nice about the situation. She quickly switched rooms. The next room was examined for bugs .... There were bed bugs in the bed under the pillow. I immediately called the office again. The young lady came back to the room saw the very small bug. I asked for a refund and was granted a refund. I really appreciated it. Custom service was great but the room were a No No No....

Stayed: November 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Very small room. Dirty carpet. I stayed there with my wife. Two guys made bad comments and bad gestures toward us. Told the motel authority about this. They said they won't do anything. Will not recommend this place to anyone.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Azharul K
Alyssa B, Public Relations Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Houston - Northwest, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2016

Hi Azharul, thank you for your candid notes about your stay. We value your feedback and use it to improve our guest experience. I'm sorry for the incident that occurred with two other guests. We will be bringing this to the attention of the hotel management. Should you feel the need to discuss your comments any further, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 5 July 2016

very rude woman with braces at the front desk , if you ask her for anything she makes you pay more for towels and to exchange rooms , gets loud rolls her eyes i will have her name next time i post on here, they never have clean towels if you go and ask for some they will tell you in a few hours they will call they never do. blood on the walk way outside never cleaned it up!! other then that all the staff is so sweet. just mexican young lady with braces. i think she is the manager or something, but i KNOW they need a new one

Room Tip: Southside is better more genuine people at front desk
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
2  Thank Kelli M

Hi Kelli, thank you for your candid review about your stay. Your feedback is very important to us, as we strive to improve with each stay. I appreciate your comments about one of our front desk staff members, and will be addressing these comments with the hotel management team. I also appreciate your notes about the details of the property. We will be implementing many hotel renovations within the next few months, including a thorough cleaning. We hope you come back and stay with us again when these renovations are completed. Thank you for choosing Crossland Studios.

Reviewed 7 June 2016

The odor in the non-smoking rooms seem worse than that of average smoking rooms elsewhere. The walkways are so untidy and littered with all sorts. I think all that matters to the managers is the money

Room Tip: upper floors are better
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business