Candlewood Suites Houston by the Galleria
US$ 247
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks(Houston)(Great Value!)
US$ 116
US$ 134
US$ 280
US$ 270
  • Pool
All reviewsgalleria areafull kitchenfree laundrywork spacecomplimentary coffeesmall kitchennice gymair conworkout roommicrowavedeskdowntownsoap
Reviewed 5 October 2012

I stay here every 3 weeks or so & EVERY time I come I get excellent customer service. They recently did a major renovation & rooms are awesome! This is truly the best value in the area. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying for a long OR short time in Houston. I will continue to stay here every time I come to Houston...I love this hotel :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Anastasia B
Reviewed 4 October 2012 via mobile

Pros:
- cheap
-close to galleria area
- beds are comfortable

Cons:
- Front Desk clerks are for the most part friendly but you have to catch on them on right day
- Wireless is awful
- towels are rough
- some of the hotel neads work ( hallways, etc)

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 8 September 2012

This long-stayed hotel is probably the best value you get if you stay at the galleria area and it is member of the Holiday-Inn club.

Staff is great, very helpful. A 24h store with an honorary system is available to you (no beer though)

The WiFi is just horrible - you have to login each and every time you unlock your phone and it is just too slow - just use your 3g.

Great deal if you're on a budget - almost 50% off the main hotels around this area.

Room Tip: Elevator is super-slow, get a room on the first floor. There is no facing to a loud area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I stay in hotels/extended stays about 200.220 days a year. The Candlewood Suites Houston by the Galleria is perfect for extended stays. The rooms are modern. They updated the televisions to 48inches during my stay (eight weeks long).

The best part was the staff: incredibly friendly and personable. It's hard to find as genuine of a staff as the Candlewood Houston.

For the rate I received for a eight week stay, I have no room to mention cons/disappointments. Great value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I stayed here for business for about 2 weeks in May.

Pros:

- Cheap
- Plentiful Laundry Machines
- Near my office

Cons:

- The hotel has renovations going on 7 days per week, staying over a weekend in painful
- The hotel is dirty and ill kept (I'm guessing the reason for th first bullet)
- The TV in the bedroom is a joke
- I was not asked for ID when my room key did not work (make sure your valuables are in the safe, wait there is no safe)
- The towels feel like 80 grit sandpaper
- cleaning is once per week (normal for candlewood)

Maybe this place will be worth a try again when the renovations are completed but in the mean time avoid this place like the plague, its a dump in every sense of the word.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Houston by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2012

Dear hot_suitcase,

Thank You for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We work very hard to ensure our facilities and service are superior and we strive to be the best hotel around. It sounds like we fell below your expectations. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Ben J