All reviews butler service remington bar astor suite luxury hotel spg platinum room service chocolate covered strawberries galleria area favorite hotel turn down service four seasons car service bit dated room was large business or pleasure mile radius very nice hotel
Reviewed 6 November 2017

We were in Houston for a wedding, stayed here and reception was here. One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. Everything was first class, from flowers in lobby to twice daily housekeeping in beautiful guest rooms. Everyone was professional, attentive to every detail and friendly. Loved this hotel!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have best views
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
stregishoustontx, Front Office Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Dear TishBV,

Many thanks for your glowing comments on both The St. Regis and our exceptional group of employees, all of whom are dedicated to delivering the state of serenity you so articulately described in your feedback.

Thank you very much for your gracious feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon to The St. Regis Houston.

Amor Cole

Reviewed 6 November 2017

I spent this past weekend at the hotel with a large group of friends for a wedding. My impression is that the St. Regis is one of the best, if not the best, luxury hotels in Houston. The rooms are comfortable albeit somewhat tired, and the public space is intimate but generally consistent with what you'd expect of a luxury hotel. It's very close to River Oaks and the Galleria. The hotel doesn't offer much in terms of dining/amenities (e.g., only one restaurant (not fancy) serving breakfast in the morning, which is converted to a bar/club at night; my preference is to grab coffee and a muffin at a Starbucks-like place in the lobby of a hotel, but the St. Regis only offers the restaurant or room service). My room was fine, although my friends encountered a couple of issues. One arrived at night to find her bed had no sheets on it. She was told "Housekeeping has left for the day." Another returned to the hotel at 3:30 p.m. to find her room hadn't been made up. She was told "Housekeeping has left for the day." As far as I'm concerned, in a luxury hotel, if housekeeping has left for the day, the manager should offer to come up and do whatever housekeeping didn't do if that's what it takes. But I had no problems, I found the price relatively affordable for a hotel of this caliber, and overall it was a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
stregishoustontx, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2017

Dear Elliot S,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay here at The St. Regis Houston. We strive in providing each and every guest with and uncompromising and bespoke experience and are sorry to hear your friends encountered some housekeeping issues that don't live up to our standards. Please know that we have passed this information on to the appropriate department and do hope that we can renew your and their impression upon your next visit.

Reviewed 3 November 2017 via mobile

Whether business or pleasure, Still my favorite hotel in Houston. Great doorman, nice rooms. Well located three hours or four blocks off 610. Near Galleria, but not walking distance. Excellent meeting/conference facilities. Didn’t bring m6 dogs with me this time bu5 they are welcome too!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank TheDotdog

Dear The Dotdog,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear that we are your favorite hotel in Houston and truly look forward to welcoming you and your pup upon your next visit to Houston.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

This was my 2nd time at a St. Regis brand hotel, and I was pleased with everything. I agree with reviews that said the furniture is a bit outdated but it did not matter as it added some sort of homely and rustic vibe, and was very well kept. The service was great. The hotel has a luxury chauffeur service to take guests within a 3 mile radius which is very helpful as i was in Houston for a Course in another hotel less than a mile away. However after the 2nd day, I opted for the walk to get in some exercise. The restaurant was unavailable because it was flooded during Harvey, but meals were served at the bar, and room service was timely. There was a humidifier left on for about 3 or 4 days down the corridor from my room (I guess there must have been some flooding on that floor), but the sound was drowned out once I was in my room.
I however noted that I had been charged for breakfast although my rate included breakfast. This must have been an error and I will raise it with the hotel.

I will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
2  Thank Olufunmi
stregishoustontx, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Olufunmi,

Thank you for providing your feedback on TripAdvisor. We truly appreciate you taking the time to give us the invaluable insight to the guest experience. We are pleased to hear that your stay was refined and meaningful. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back the next time you are in Houston.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

We just got back from our stay at the St. Regis. Everything seemed fine upon checking in- the room was well-decorated, very spacious, and clean. We went out to dinner and when we came back around 10:20pm, we heard a dripping sound coming from the bathroom. Neither of us had showered since we left for dinner right when we arrived into town, so we were really confused.

I walked into the bathroom to see where the sound was coming from, and there was a stream of water coming out of the light fixture above the shower, as well as from the fire sprinkler! Our bathroom was also entirely covered in water. I called the front desk immediately and they sent a mechanic to our room, who thought it was just a minor leak (even though I clearly emphasized that this was much more when I had called down) and he was just as shocked as I was when he came in and saw all of the water coming down. He said he'd take care of it and we didn't hear anything for the next 30 minutes. I had hoped to hear from someone about what was happening and an offer for a new room, but I gave up waiting and finally called the front desk. They didn't give me a hard time when i asked for a new room, but personally I think they should've been more proactive and offered to switch me instead of waiting for me to call them- especially considering it was now approaching 11pm and I just wanted to shower and go to bed already. When the bellhop came to take our stuff to our new room, he said that there was a major leak coming from the bathroom in the room above us and that's where all the water was coming from.

Look, I'm honestly not one to complain, but that situation was gross (all the dirty water was falling into our shower and all over the floor) and dangerous! I mean, there was a stream of water coming out of our light fixture! I know enough about electricity and water to know that you are NOT supposed to mix the two. I definitely think more should've been done on their end, but I'll give a couple of stars just because they moved us without causing any trouble. I just feel as though when staying at a place like this, and spending the money that you spend to stay here.... situations like these should be handled better.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
stregishoustontx, Guest Relations Manager at The St. Regis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear dmhsh3,

We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to share your feedback on your experience here and extend our sincere apologies regarding the opportunities you faced. This information is invaluable to us. We failed to provide you with the levels of service we are known for and you are correct in that we should have been more proactive in the room move being immediate. Please know that we have shared your comments with our team and are addressing the situation. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back and renew your impression of The St. Regis Houston.