“So good”
Review of The Pit Room

The Pit Room
Ranked #2 of 426 Quick Bites in Houston
Reviewed 17 August 2022 via mobile

We got so much food for 35$! The ribs, sausage and chicken were amazing! The sides are really tasty as well . I recommence the street corn and green beans

Date of visit: August 2022
Write a reviewReviews (352)

Reviewed 7 August 2022 via mobile

While visiting Houston from N.C. I was looking at different BBQ places online. Found this place and figured I'd give it a try based on its reviews. Well it was so good, i had to go to the restaurant one last time before leaving. It was far better then N.C. BBQ and reminded me of Kansas City BBQ (where I'm originally from). I had the Brisket, Turkey, Chicken, Pork Ribs, Pulled Pork Sandwich, Jalapeño Cheddar Sausage, Mac N Cheese, Mustard Potato Salad, Charro Beans, Elote. The meats were seasoned well, tender and juicy. The sides were also good as well with the exception of the Mac N Cheese, it was kinda on the cold side.

I would recommend this place looking for some good BBQ and in my opinion you get your money's worth when you buy the meats by the 1/2 pound.

Reviewed 3 August 2022 via mobile

Definitively a must try in Houston! This could very well be the best BBQ we have ever had. Tender juicy fall apart brisket, even the lean required no chewing. The pork ribs were another table favorite. Fall off the bone with an exterior that provides some bite if that makes any sense. The meats were so good, you forget all about the sides even though the sides were darn good.

Reviewed 26 July 2022 via mobile

The dining area was clean, not big although there’s seating outside. Limited parking. First night in Houston. We grabbed a table and then ordered to be sure we could sit inside. Within an hr there was a line out the door! This was a Monday evening between 6-7. I can’t imagine what this place is like on the weekend. The food was awesome. I really enjoyed the pull pork tacos. The elote is a must! The charro beans were ok. A little spicy, not much to brag about. The string beans, don’t know the correct name to call them were very unique. A bit pricey but worth it.

Date of visit: July 2022
Reviewed 3 July 2022

My wife and I were visiting Houston for the July 4th weekend. She wanted some ribs. We Google some places. The Pit Room was the closest one that was open.

My wife ordered a one meat plate and I ordered a three meat plate.

My wife got 3 ribs on her plate. I got on rib on my plate and paid for 3 portions.

Jacked up. Had I gotten two ribs on my three meat plate I would have been okay. I felt jacked by the extra charge.

Date of visit: July 2022