“Surprise”
Review of The Pit Room

The Pit Room
Ranked #2 of 434 Quick Bites in Houston
Reviewed 18 June 2022 via mobile

This place is always packed and a line out the door. It's a small little restaurant but has plenty of outside seating. Had dinner there during the week. Had the brisket and ribs, no smoky flavor. We had the chips and queso and that was good. I believe it's more of a quick bite. Surprisingly we will not be back.
It did look really good but not what we expected.

Date of visit: May 2022
Write a reviewReviews (351)

Reviewed 20 May 2022 via mobile

The brisket was solid. Not too much smoke not too much salt not too greasy. Just right. Beef sausage - pass. Serve yourself fixing solid. The place has been around for a long time and it shows. Booths/ tables small and a bit cramped. They own the bar next door so if weather is nice take the food and eat outside. It's not cheap but it is good. I would go back. For a casual meal.

Reviewed 20 May 2022 via mobile

The Pit Room was a located in a small building with limited inside dining. However people were also taking their BBQ next door to sit in their larger outdoor seating area and combining with drinks!

I arrived at the right time with no line. However it was out the door by the time I got my food. That was good timing right before the dinner crowd.

One person was cutting and weighing the meats, another served the sides and last did the packaging. Meats by the pound, sides by containers or meals combining both were the choices.

My impressions were:

Beef brisket- so smoky and tender with just the right amount of fat added to the flavor. No burned pieces but nicely blackened edges and pepper crusted.

Pulled pork - Moist and tender it was the best pulled pork eaten during this trip.

Pork sausage - unfortunately it was dry and not very flavorful.

MacNCheese - large pasta with a thin coating of cheese that just did not have as much flavor as I hoped for.

BBQ sauce - it was great having it on the side so I could use as much as I wanted instead of overwhelming the meats. Thick and tangy.

Definitely will be back.

6  Thank wireless_in_CA
Reviewed 28 April 2022

When people start lining up practically before the place opens you know you've found some great food. It did not disappoint.

Date of visit: April 2022
Reviewed 27 April 2022

OK, I'm originally from Tennessee, so maybe I'm spoiled when it comes to BBQ, but dude, this BBQ was just way too fatty, greasy and soggy. I had the pulled pork and sausage. Pork was half fat, and almost tasted boiled! Wife had the brisket and chicken. Chicken was decent, but hard to mess up chicken. Brisket was awful. Almost all fat, barely anything edible. Even the sides tasted greasy somehow. Hard to understand why the lines are so long. What's worse is our food with beverages and tip were over $65

Date of visit: April 2022