“For Chocolate Lovers” 5 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: Neartown/ Montrose
Houston, TX
“For Chocolate Lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

If you are in the mood for chocolate, this is the place! Wonderful ice cream, desserts, and confections. Chocolate covered popcorn is a favorite, slices of cake are monster-sized, and chocolate truffle ice cream is dream worthy. Often bustling in the evenings, it is family friendly, but couples grabbing a late night sweet also look content. Order at the counter and find a spot to enjoy both the sweets and the people watching. Not inexpensive, but good quality.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Korean first
Houston, Texas
“Incredible place for chocolate lovers”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

There are actually two of them, now, one in Rice Village on University, and one on Alabama, just east of Shepherd--the original. Fair trade chocolate in hundreds of shapes and configurations, some wrapped around fruit, coffee beans, nuts and many other things. Homemade premium ice cream in many delicious flavors, huge cakes and pies--four of us dined on one slice and didn't go away hungry--and other treats, along with coffee, tea and cocoa. The chocolate pizza (hard chocolate crust, various fruits and such for toppings) makes a great gift, as do the chocolate-dipped bottles of champagne. Sugar-free chocolate items are available, as are carob-based treats for dogs. It's not only one of my favorite stops on a Houston tour with out-of-town visitors, but also one I can't resist visiting when I'm anywhere near either location.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Royan17200
Decatur, Illinois
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2012

I have never been to anyplace like it - the array of chocolate items they have to sell is just simply amazing. If you can think it, I bet they have it for sale in chocolate. They even have cereals coated with chocolate - it's unreal.

On the other side of the building is the bar. I had a piece of chocolate cake that I still think about. It would have fed 2 - I took what I couldn't get done there along and finished it off in the hotel.

Definitely worth a trip to see and enjoy in the Houston area.

Visited June 2011
4 Thank mkhmn
Houston, Texas
“Fun and delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

They have swing dancing on Thursdays here, so that's a lot of fun. The goodies and ice cream are delicious.

Houston
“Best place to get a Sugar High”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

I often find myself at events at the church next door, and try hard to follow my nose into the Chocolate Bar. If I know I have a stocking to stuff or a friend to buy something for, I'll usually find something unique and much appreciated. Prices and calories are too high for me to buy something for myself each time BUT ... whenever they have something in the "Reduced for Quick Sale" bin, my resolve breaks down and I rteat myself. Best thing ever was the half-priced Chocolate Pizza which fed my whole office for a week.

• Visited September 2011