4 people are viewing this hotel
Hotels.com$537
Booking.com$569
travelup.com$686
1,173 results
All reviews texas shaped m club pool area convention center lazy river pool street kitchen amazing pool minute maid park pool staff discovery green hot tub beautiful hotel astros game corner room self parking heart of downtown toyota center
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 May 2022 via mobile

First the good: friendly staff, clean room, up to date decor
Cons: this place is expensive (I know it is downtown attached to the convention center but $350 per night before parking fees, wow). I was put on the 29th floor. I felt unnerved being so high up. They might want to ask patrons before assigning them so high up. Restaurants on site had few healthy options. Ordered room service (again not cheap) and they came in fast food containers. Salad was the same salad they sold at the lobby coffee place. The 6th floor pool deck looks inviting at first (main reason I booked this hotel. I had a free travel day to indulge in a resort like pool area). This area, the pool and lazy river look like they are in need of updating/maintenance. Was not impressed once I got in them. Self parking is $35/ night and very far away in a deck attached to the convention center. Did not feel entirely safe as a woman traveling alone. When I first pulled up to inquire about valet I was told it was $100/night. WOW!! I have never been quoted a valet fee that high ever before. Lastly, this hotel miles wise isn't that far from the Bush International Airport but traffic wise it is at least an hour. Didn't make for the most enjoyable travel the next day.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Team Marriott, Agency / Consultant at Marriott Marquis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2022

Dear ssF6890WA,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your visit to the area. We appreciate you mentioning that you liked our decor, accommodations, and friendly team. However, we regret not meeting all your expectations. We appreciate you sharing your specifics which need attention and also your thoughts regarding our pricing, as we are continually striving to improve our guest experience. We also encourage you to participate in our Marriott Loyalty program in which signing up is free and simple and helps you begin earning a point with each stay and enjoy exclusive perks and benefits including member-only rates when you reserve through our hotel website. We hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you to Marriott Marquis Houston, for the outstanding stay you deserve and expected.

Reviewed 25 May 2022 via mobile

I had myself a little staycation at the Marriott Marquis lastnight, as I've been wanting to check out this hotel for awhile. The pool was so nice and clean, I had a great drink made by a lovely woman at the bar next to the pool. I'm so sad I didn't remember her name, but she was very nice. I walked over to the Astros game, such a quick walk, so that was nice, and then came back to Biggios for a drink after the game. Rosa was awesome. Quick and efficient. Very nice and took great care of me. Now I'm sitting here at Biggios again for lunch and Jonathan is doing a great job. I love seeing a great staff on both day and night shifts. Thanks for making my staycation enjoyable with great service.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Team Marriott, Agency / Consultant at Marriott Marquis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2022

Dear gostros55,

We are glad you chose Marriott Marquis Houston for your staycation. It is great to hear you loved our Texas-shaped lazy river infinity pool while enjoying your drink at our rooftop deck bar, the High Dive, and also about your dining experience at Biggio's Sports Bar. Your compliments will surely be shared. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful experience with us. We wish you all the best and please come back to see us again on your next escape to the area.

Reviewed 16 May 2022

This weekend was absolutely amazing. We stayed at the Marriott Marquis for our daughters 18th bday. We hosted a terrace/pool party for family & friends. Everything from the live Djs to the amazing customer service provided by terrace manager Allen Hunt’s outstanding staff, Hunt’s staff provided a 5 Dimond performance going above & beyond exceptional service.
The bartender Ximena Gonzalez handling the crowds while maintaining a stellar attitude & focus (Ms.Gonzalez should be one of your bar managers, Mr.Hunt;-)
& we can’t forget our boots on the ground on the front lines Mr.Duane The pool Ambassador of the year by a landslide!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Team Marriott, Agency / Consultant at Marriott Marquis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2022

Dear 832masterp,

It was such a pleasure to be a part of your daughter's birthday. We are so happy that everything went well from beginning to end on this special occasion and that you were impressed with the outstanding service, provided by our team members. We will be sure to share your enthusiastic compliments with each of the associates you mentioned. We love it when people include us in their special celebrations; therefore, thank you so much for giving us this opportunity. We wish your daughter a very happy 18th birthday and all the best for her future. Please come back to see us again at Marriott Marquis Houston, anytime in the future.

Reviewed 12 May 2022 via mobile

Visited for business & had a great experience - rooms & amenities were top notch & loved the Texas shaped lazy river. Only things to watch for are the “Walking Dead” troop of homeless people who are camped out in a nearby park & are constantly begging near the entrance & outdoor bar seating. Oh & the sports bar is great but be prepared to be solicited by prostitutes - they are very well-dressed regulars who are not afraid to chat openly about their available “services.” Last gripe - Xochi Mexican restaurant in the lobby made a big deal about serving bugs as traditional ingredients. Frankly it’s an over-priced gimmick & no one in our party enjoyed the food or the “unique” experience.

Date of stay: November 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Team Marriott, Agency / Consultant at Marriott Marquis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2022

Dear NewsCruzer,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Marriott Marquis Houston while you were in Houston for business. We are happy to read you had a great experience overall and that you were pleased with our well-appointed accommodations and you also enjoyed your time at our Texas-shaped lazy river infinity pool. However, we regret learning we did not meet your expectations with our on-site dining options and apologize for the inconvenience caused due to some factors. We appreciate you outlining the specific concerns so that we can address them appropriately. On a pleasant note, we are happy that it did not affect your stay and hope that the positive aspects of your visit will bring you back to our hotel whenever your travels bring you our way.

Reviewed 11 May 2022

From the cleanliness of the room, delicious bar bites, friendly staff and attentive service, my stay was A+++. Duane and the front desk staff ROCKED! They all made sure my stay was one where I good have a great time, relax and recharge. I will DEF be back!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Team Marriott, Agency / Consultant at Marriott Marquis Houston, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2022

Dear jakarlas,

Thank you for being our guest at the Marriott Marquis Houston. We are pleased that we could provide you with an outstanding stay from beginning to end, and we appreciate your generous comments about how our associates made sure that you had a relaxing and a carfree experience, Evaluations like these inspire and motivate our team to continue delivering exceptional service. We are flattered by your generous review, and we all look forward to your return.