Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
Trip.com
US$ 225
View deal
Booking.comUS$ 275
Priceline
Destinia.comUS$ 289
1,427 results
All reviews yacht club lake lbj tennis courts putt putt miniature golf course pontoon boat marble falls hill country great weekend long weekend family vacation fitness center slick rock hole putting course lantana pools spa
Selected filters
Reviewed 18 August 2021

I was at this hidden gem for a business conference. It was an oasis environment, quite, clean and restful. The staff from the valet to the front desk to the waitstaff were all very friendly and helpful. It seemed like they were there just for you.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Bryan Woodward, General Manager at Horseshoe Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your perfect 5-star review! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return!

Reviewed 18 August 2021

Employees are friendly. A lot of investment is needed at the resort (for the price I expected the facilities to be in better shape). Parking is a challenge. Service at the various restaurants is not consistent. The lake is excellent. A lot of things to see and do outside of the resort as well.

1  Thank familygathering2021

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to your return.

Reviewed 17 August 2021

Very nice… slightly upscale, relaxed ambience, great waterfront views, especially from outside deck. Good food, friendly attentive service. Katelyn, really good bartender; Alex, our server was also good… all the staff very personable. We missed dining there during the Covid shutdown. Very glad it’s back in operation!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 August 2021

Came here to celebrate my wife and I’s anniversary because we recently moved to Austin and constantly see advertisements for Horseshoe Bay which in pictures looked amazing. Honestly was the worst experience at any "resort" I stayed at. It started with 4 cockroaches and spiders in our Villa when we initially checked in. The “valet bros” with aviators sunglasses and tight shirts/pants was just embarrassing to even deal with. They really shouldn’t engage with any customers other than parking their car. They had cheesey lines as we’d walk by like “You guys have fun yesterday? Y’all better be having a better time today”. These guys are college kids that walk around like their some bro-ey hot shots. Very unprofessional, I used to work valet for 3 years and we addressed everyone as Miss and Sir and only spoke when spoken to.

When it came to the shuttles, most if not all drivers were annoyed and seemed frustrated/bothered when we said “we’ll walk” to the spa or yacht club.

The servers by the pool, hotel restaurant, bar, and yacht club all seemed like they hated their jobs and had poor morale. It was like they were constantly overwhelmed and their mission was to get us in and get us out. We are on VACATION and they made us feel pressured to even ask for an extra fork or side of horseradish. By far the worst service I have ever experienced at a resort in my life.

The ONE highlight this trip was the massage. Very knowledgeable staff and extremely welcoming.

I made a reservation at the Yacht club for dinner and the smell inside of the restaurant was rancid so I asked to sit outside to eat because it set a more romantic vibe and it was a beautiful night. The staff seemed bothered by that request even though we were ready to spend $200 plus on steaks and alcohol. I have never been somewhere that I felt like I was constantly doing something wrong or felt hesitant about asking for service.

My total bill was $1,157.70 which included the hotel stay, resort fee, and our meals. To be honest, I have no idea why I even spent my money here. I am a paying customer and the staff made me feel like I had to work with them on making their job more convenient. I don’t plan on coming back here unless the resort can change my mind or compensate me for my troubles. My wife and I were extremely disappointed.

2  Thank Austin512000

Dear Austin 512000, we strive to consistently provide 5-star service and understand if we did not meet your expectations during this visit. We appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 12 August 2021

I just stayed three nights for a business conference. The staff were extremely helpful and it was a nice stay. The resort is kind of out by it's self but really anything you would need they have there. The food was good the drinks at the bar were good ( but a little pricey ). The overall stay was good.

• Trip type: Travelled on business