See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Value Place used to be good when it first started, Nowadays they have families and dogs staying in their cramped little rooms. And the noise is annoying. The rooms are not as sound proofed as they should be. I could hear people stomping on the floor above my ceiling. Dragging stuff. People banging cabinet doors. Sounds like people moving furnature. Babies crying, kids yelling and screaming. Staff says they will talk to the noise makers, but nothing much ever changes.
Value Place was a bargain, but they keep raising rates, so I wonder if it worth it.

Room Tip: It would be good if they did have a quiet area, but I am not sure they do.
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Harlingen, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

I apologize that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. We will look into everything you've brought to our attention. We strive to provide every guest with a great experience and apologize this did not happen in your case.

Reviewed 2 July 2017 via mobile

The room is great, a little small but since it was just my husband and I it wasn't a problem. There was extra charge for WiFi which they gave us the option to pay for but we chose not to. The lady at the front desk was very nice and helpful. The only complaint I have is the window only had blinds and no curtains, which made the sun shine real bright in the room in the morning. The elevator did smell like cigarette but thats not really a deal breaker for me. We basically needed a place to sleep and a bathroom for a weekend and we got that at a very cheap price. If we ever come back we will most likely stay here again. It was cheap, comfortable and overall a nice stay

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Harlingen, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2017

We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to have the chance to serve you again soon.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

The location and price were great, if you're willing to forgive a lot.
During our stay, the elevator did not work and was not repaired. We were on the third floor, which normally isn't a big deal unless you're carrying luggage for four people.
The halls and rooms had a definite poor odor. Not sure what it was, but it wasn't pleasant. Our room had no toilet paper upon arrival.
Oh, and let's not forget the cockroaches.... Yes... that's right. :-)

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Harlingen, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Reviewed 28 September 2016

I stayed here to visit my family in Harlingen and will stay again! Great price, very clean and safe! Not the most comfortable beds but everything else made up for it plus we were hardly there since we were visiting the family.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Harlingen, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

We enjoyed having you at our hotel, thank you for the 5 star review! We're glad you enjoyed your stay and all of our amenities were beneficial to you!

Reviewed 25 August 2016 via mobile

This place is disgusting. It wreaks of cigarettes & who knows what else. I was scared to sleep in the beds. I would compare it to AHS Hotel. I would not stay there again. Inexpensive though...if that's what you're looking for.

Stayed: September 2015, travelled solo
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at WoodSpring Suites Harlingen, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2016

I'm very sorry to hear that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your comments as we work to improve our guest experience. I hope you will consider staying with us again the next time your travels bring you to our area.