All reviews best westerns plenty of places to eat clean staff continental breakfast comfy bed business trip pool and hot tub room was large shower head the breakfast area water pressure yogurt rio grande valley easy access enjoyed our stay birding festival pleasant stay
Reviewed 20 August 2018

Stayed two nights. Had a room on ground floor near end of building facing west. The bed was comfortable and room was larger than most. Had a nice sitting area with couch and table. Bath room was large and modern. Had interesting shower nozzle coming from ceiling in addition to standard one from wall. Great for those guests 7 feet tall.
Breakfast was good. Even made some bacon when requested. Hotel staff were very polite and helpful.
Only negative was frontage roadside side was missing when first checked in. Missed the turn first time driving by. And ice machine was broken, but staff still provided ice upon request.
Will stay here again when visiting the greater Rio Grande Valley area.

Room Tip: Quietest rooms are even numbers. Best are 112- 118.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Best W, General Manager at Best Western Casa Villa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Thank you Jeff for taking a moment to let us know how we did, we are working on getting the sign hopefully it will be up soon, also looking to purchase new ice machines so i hope by your next visit it is all in place.

Sincerely:

Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Rooms very clean. Hotel staff super friendly and accommodating. Breakfast selections were good. Pool was clean. It was so comfortable to stay where noise was minimal and the beds very comfy. Will definitely recommend it to our friends and family!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Best W, General Manager at Best Western Casa Villa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Hello Maria how was your trip back home? Than you for letting us know how we did we really appreciate it!

Reviewed 17 August 2018

First thing I noticed about this hotel is the lack of signage outside the building. Driving down the access road, I did not see the single vinyl sign until a couple of days into my stay. The first night, I drove around the highway several times trying to find the driveway, which is actually marked as Candlewood Suites - located behind the Best Western. The parking lots are connected and share a single driveway, however there is no other way out of the parking lots. It would have been nice to have easier access to Ed Carey Dr.

The room itself was straight out of the 90's. I was glad to see white linens, however the carpet was definitely old. Walking through the room, I could feel areas where the carpet was worm and thin. I also did not like the lack of overhead lighting in the room. In my room, there were two light switches as you walk in the room from the hallway, one of them seemed to do nothing, the other turned on the single overhead light in the room. Moving into the "main" part of the room (I think it's intended to be used as a living room/common space), there was a couch and chair sitting opposite each other, and a single table lamp which was very dim. In the "bedroom" part of the room, there were two more table lamps on opposite sides of the bed, and an additional table lamp on the desk.

This room (and I assume the rest of the hotel) does not have a standard TV remote control and you cannot change the input source of the TV. I travel for a living and have a Fire Stick in my bag so I can watch Netflix/Hulu content on the in-room TV, however was unable to in this hotel.

For the positives, I appreciated having the option of a traditional shower head mounted to the wall, as well as the additional ceiling-mounted shower head. The bed itself was very comfy, however the pillows were square shaped instead of the traditional rectangles. This hotel also had a very respectable WiFi connection - I was pulling roughly 50mbps at night which is very high for a hotel, especially for not having to pay for it. I appreciated the small kitchenette-esque area as you walk in the room. Just enough counter space for me to charge my Apple Watch and set my car keys down as well as the stuff I'd need to grab on my way out the next day.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank abcks3
Best W, General Manager at Best Western Casa Villa Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

We really appreciate your comments and we take them to heart that they will help when we start our remodel. The sign should be up soon so that you can see it once you come down the road, there are many changes coming. When you come back we hope to have everything completed so that you can see the changes.

Sincerely Sam Calderon

Reviewed 16 August 2018

Just want to thank Sam and his staff for caring not only about me but asking about my wife who is in the hospital here in Harlingen. Very clean hotel great staff and great atmosphere. Will stay here again. Thank you!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I tell the staff that we never know when we might be in a situation where our love ones are in a time of need, it is great news to here your wife is doing well hopefully she will be back home soon.
When ever you need a room let us know we will be glad to assist you!

Tell you boys we said hello and tell your wife that we look forward to meeting her.

Tell the rest of the family hello from all of us here at Best Western!

Sincerely Sam Calderon

Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Clean hotel,clean room, friendly staff,great prices, I loved how spacious the rooms are.Great shower heads 2 types. Special thanks Angie and Sam made our stay very comfortable. Only recommendation is firmer pillows.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

We really appreciate having you stay here, I will let Angie know what you had to say. We hope you come back soon to see us hopefully we have the remodel done.

Thank you!