See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 April 2018

Very good! We loved the room. Very clean. Enjoyed the shower. Breakfast was okay. Usual items: waffle machine, cereal, toaster, fruit, coffee. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Too cold for the pool.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2017

Harlingen location was very nice! Great price. Large clean room, well appointed with large refrigerator with freezer, microwave, coffee maker. Everything worked well. Good shower with lots of hot water. Great bed mattress. Sitting room. Flat screen TV. AC worked well. Offered internet senior discount! Friendly front desk staff. Continental breakfast. All good here!!! Great value!!! We will be back!!!

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 March 2017 via mobile

I stayed here on the recommendation of a friend. And I was impressed.The room was clean; the bathroom has been redone with granite surround in the shower and granite around the sink. There's a new tile floor in the bathroom. The carpet was clean. Unlike reviews I had read the bed is not hard it is very comfortable in the room did not have an unusual odor. There is a large wall-mounted TV a microwave and a refrigerator. As noted in other reviews the breakfast is very basic: cereal, muffins, toast and there is a Texas shaped waffle maker if you want a fresh waffle.
I found all of the staff to be very friendly and helpful and I would definitely stay here again. This is an excellent value for the money!

Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2016

Before booking this hotel and again before writing this review I read other reviews and agree with most comments. I was concerned about the hard mattresses and broIught my own pillow, but I had no complaints about my mattress. As mentioned by others, the breakfast is very basic. Surprisingly, the hotel does not even serve decaf coffee with breakfast, and the juice is sweetened punch not real orange juice. Decaf is not in the room either but the front desk will provide decaf packets on request. Hotel staff are also friendly and accommodating. The wifi in my room was excellent. However, I was not happy with the smell in the room. When I checked in i was given the key to a room with an overpowering smell of room "freshener" and possibly mold. The friendly desk clerk let me try two other available rooms and I chose the one that smelled the least. The hotel apparently puts stinky air smellmakers into the electric outlets in all rooms.I immediately removed mine, but on the second or third day of my stay the housekeeper plugged it back in and the room smelled overperfumed again. This is the kind of smell that gets into your nostrils and stays there. I worked in my room one day with the door open and the bathroom fan on but after a few days the unpleasant smell still did not go away. I do not know what other unpleasant smell this perfume is intended to mask, but this was enough of an unpleasantness to make me think twice about staying here again, even though the hotel was otherwise satisfactory and a reasonable value for the money. Most of the vehicles in the parking lot were pickups, if that says anything, but this is Texas, and the other guests were not noisy or intrusive most of the time. I could park right outside my first floor room, which was convenient.

When making my reservation I was puzzled by the fact that none of the online sites showed availability here for my days or any other days. This seemed to be a red flag. The only way to make a reservation was through Texas Inn's website, which is under par. I asked the desk clerk whether they are boycotting the online agencies or something but she knew nothing about the problem, although others had mentioned it.

Room Tip: Although the hotel faces the expressway there was no intrusive highway noise.
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank vwdriverWestChester
Reviewed 29 January 2016

Good location right off the freeway and on the north bound feeder road..The parking lot is well lite up at night..Checkin was fast at 12:30am..The room-120 I stayed in cost $64.10 total 1 night only..This was a downstairs kingbed-room with new carpet,ceramic tile floor by vanity and bathroom.New bathroom tile tub surround.Lots of fluffy towels..Hair dryer and Iron board..Microwave and big refrigerator.Big flat screen tv 40 to 50"..Desk and table 2 chairs..2 night stands.Lots of lights and electric plugs.It's a two story place so you will hear the people upstairs.The breakfast was ok.Breakfast could be better..Breakfast needs Hard-boiled eggs.Yogurt..Small bags of ice to go...Oh the bed in this unit needs a thick mattress pad it's like a plywood board..Needs new pillows they were flat and only three..I mention it to management and they say the pillows disappear..They do have memory foam mattress I was told..Over=all this place is clean,safe.no noises..No drunks No beggars.

Room Tip: Check the room out first..Always check the room before paying.Has new door locks.
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business