“Very Nice Place” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Grapevine
Rhode Island
“Very Nice Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

Stayed here last week for 6 nights attending a conference. The hotel is beautiful and very well run. Over the 6 days there I watched the staff set up and breakdown many of events, i.e. conference signage, weddings, parties, dinners - all done very quickly and professionally. I was very impressed with how well things seem to run there.

Room: small but adequate. Note: be careful of the beds, specifically the footboards seem to stick out a bit and I was constantly banging into them and had bruises on both legs. What was funny was I saw other people at the pool with same bruises.

Food: For the most part was very good but the restaurants were pricey. They do have a 24 hr place where you can grab something light. There are no other restaurants within walking distance. The meals/snacks provided at the conference were fantastic.

Transportation: I used the Gaylord transportation several times, also very professional, prompt. Pricey but I felt safe with service and found it worth the expense.

Pools: During the week the pool was great, not too crowded. Weekends were very busy

The only thing I disliked was that on Thursday the hotel went from a conference hotel filled with business people to a family resort filled with children running all over the place. Apparently on the weekends the hotel offers Character meet & greets (Shrek and company). Was very cute but by Sunday I was ready to go home to a quiet place. I understand it is their way of making money on the weekends when there are not many conferences taking place.......so keep that in mind if you plan to stay over a weekend.

2 Thank Tinamarieri
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,101)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Elgin Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I were blessed to have stayed here for 2 days for a seminar. This place was amazing. Employees and security everywhere and everyone greeted you with a smile. The most relaxing place I have ever had. This was literally like a small piece of heaven. Words can not express the special time my husband and I had. The rooms were great. The location was nice if you needed to leave the Hotel for some reason you had most everything close. The landscaping was unlike any I have ever seen. Absolutely a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We were in the best place on the 5th floor looking out from the middle and you could see so much.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Cogar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

for the last four years we have visited Dallas for a Classic Christianity Conference. Each time at the end we manage to take at least one NEW person from out of town to this amazing hotel experience. it's not just a hotel but a wonderland of plants, walk ways, photo ops and very good food. The restaurants of which or I think at least four and a coffee place, ice cream and shops to boot you can't miss out. Look up you see the 'real' fake replica of a 150 canopy Oak tree you never new it isn't real... but al the other plants in the this tropical wonderland is amazing. Volcano plants, hostas, fig tree 50 feet tall! and the river that run through it with water falls and patios to sit on and watch the activity. OR you can swim and enjoy the out door pool while they serve you. The golden statue cowboy or the too tall cowboy plus all the after 5 entertainment... it's the place to take anyone. whether you stay in a room and stand on the balcony and look out over the top of everything. it's inside, AC tropical and fun all in one.... can't wait to take new folks next year...

Room Tip: we just go for the atmosphere of walking around and eating. each year we catch a wedding reception g...
Waco, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hotel and resort is excellent for conventions, business, social, family meetings/gatherings and vacations. You will be sorry if you don't choose this place for your upcoming events.

I stayed 2 days and 1 night and was an attendee at a nursing conference. The group price for the room was much less than expected. The room was much nicer and larger than expected. The food was reasonably priced, very good and service was great. The ambiance, setting, themes were phenomenal and exceptional. The staff across the board was very helpful, pleasant and professional.

Room Tip: My room was 686 on the 6th floor and faced the front/registration area. My view of the atrium and sc...
Kent, Washington, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Everything was up to expectation. I really enjoy the stay. Room was very stylish and extremely clean. The most I have enjoyed was bathroom with all the light and mirrors. I enjoyed to sit at morning, putting make up on sipping on coffee and actually see how I made myself pretty and how well I'm dress. The light in the bathroom is magnificent. I can go on with hospitality, I just don't have enough vocabulary to express myself. I wish we have more conferences there, I definitely would book again. Appetizer, all food, drinks and service was magnificent.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are as good as my. I did not have a chance or view any other rooms.
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grapevine
Downtown Dallas
Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel
#5 of 200 in Dallas
4.5 of 5 bubbles 5,943 reviews

Been to Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK