Stayed here last week for 6 nights attending a conference. The hotel is beautiful and very well run. Over the 6 days there I watched the staff set up and breakdown many of events, i.e. conference signage, weddings, parties, dinners - all done very quickly and professionally. I was very impressed with how well things seem to run there.
Room: small but adequate. Note: be careful of the beds, specifically the footboards seem to stick out a bit and I was constantly banging into them and had bruises on both legs. What was funny was I saw other people at the pool with same bruises.
Food: For the most part was very good but the restaurants were pricey. They do have a 24 hr place where you can grab something light. There are no other restaurants within walking distance. The meals/snacks provided at the conference were fantastic.
Transportation: I used the Gaylord transportation several times, also very professional, prompt. Pricey but I felt safe with service and found it worth the expense.
Pools: During the week the pool was great, not too crowded. Weekends were very busy
The only thing I disliked was that on Thursday the hotel went from a conference hotel filled with business people to a family resort filled with children running all over the place. Apparently on the weekends the hotel offers Character meet & greets (Shrek and company). Was very cute but by Sunday I was ready to go home to a quiet place. I understand it is their way of making money on the weekends when there are not many conferences taking place.......so keep that in mind if you plan to stay over a weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You'll arrive through a ranch-style archway surrounded by rolling pastureland. Along the way, rugged canyon walls rise steadily to frame your first glimpse of the breathtaking new Gaylord. Sitting high on a bluff overlooking the glistening waters of Lake Grapevine, just eight minutes from D/FW International Airport, this awe-inspiring resort welcomes you to an authentic Texas experience. From the colorful Riverwalk and wide-open Texas Hill Country to the aura of Southwest-style architecture and the majestic Rio-Grande, its all here under our signature glass dome. Here, we offer state-of-the-art convention and meeting facilities, endless entertainment, World-class spa & fitness center, lavish guest rooms and our tradition of unsurpassed hospitality. Everything in on place so you can have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gaylord Texan Resort And Convention Center
- Gaylord Texan Hotel Grapevine
- Gaylord Texas Resort
- Gaylord Texas Hotel
- The Gaylord Texan
- Gaylord Texan Grapevine
- Gaylord Texan Resort Convention Center
- Gaylord Grapevine