Gaylord Texan Resort & Convention Center
US$ 146
US$ 373
US$ 339
4,347 results
All reviewsgaylord texanparadise springsriverwalk cantinaatrium viewsports bartexas stationzeppolesnow tubingold hickory steakhouseice exhibitglass cactusthe mexican restaurantthe river walkwine barself parkbeautiful resortchristmas decorations
Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I were blessed to have stayed here for 2 days for a seminar. This place was amazing. Employees and security everywhere and everyone greeted you with a smile. The most relaxing place I have ever had. This was literally like a small piece of heaven. Words can not express the special time my husband and I had. The rooms were great. The location was nice if you needed to leave the Hotel for some reason you had most everything close. The landscaping was unlike any I have ever seen. Absolutely a great place to stay.

Room Tip: We were in the best place on the 5th floor looking out from the middle and you could see so much.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 June 2012

for the last four years we have visited Dallas for a Classic Christianity Conference. Each time at the end we manage to take at least one NEW person from out of town to this amazing hotel experience. it's not just a hotel but a wonderland of plants, walk ways, photo ops and very good food. The restaurants of which or I think at least four and a coffee place, ice cream and shops to boot you can't miss out. Look up you see the 'real' fake replica of a 150 canopy Oak tree you never new it isn't real... but al the other plants in the this tropical wonderland is amazing. Volcano plants, hostas, fig tree 50 feet tall! and the river that run through it with water falls and patios to sit on and watch the activity. OR you can swim and enjoy the out door pool while they serve you. The golden statue cowboy or the too tall cowboy plus all the after 5 entertainment... it's the place to take anyone. whether you stay in a room and stand on the balcony and look out over the top of everything. it's inside, AC tropical and fun all in one.... can't wait to take new folks next year...

Room Tip: we just go for the atmosphere of walking around and eating. each year we catch a wedding reception going on at one of the many patios available for such events!
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This hotel and resort is excellent for conventions, business, social, family meetings/gatherings and vacations. You will be sorry if you don't choose this place for your upcoming events.

I stayed 2 days and 1 night and was an attendee at a nursing conference. The group price for the room was much less than expected. The room was much nicer and larger than expected. The food was reasonably priced, very good and service was great. The ambiance, setting, themes were phenomenal and exceptional. The staff across the board was very helpful, pleasant and professional.

Room Tip: My room was 686 on the 6th floor and faced the front/registration area. My view of the atrium and scenes/theme were terrific. Looking up, down, right and left revealed the entire field/ circumference atrium. Pictures turned out great as well and will remind me of the exceptional experience for years to come.
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Everything was up to expectation. I really enjoy the stay. Room was very stylish and extremely clean. The most I have enjoyed was bathroom with all the light and mirrors. I enjoyed to sit at morning, putting make up on sipping on coffee and actually see how I made myself pretty and how well I'm dress. The light in the bathroom is magnificent. I can go on with hospitality, I just don't have enough vocabulary to express myself. I wish we have more conferences there, I definitely would book again. Appetizer, all food, drinks and service was magnificent.

Room Tip: I believe all rooms are as good as my. I did not have a chance or view any other rooms.
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I stayed at the Gaylord Texan Resort two years ago and was pleased then just as much as I am now. The rooms are large. One complaint that I have is that there are no drawers for clothes. I really hate living out of the suitcase.

The Atrium is a spectacular feature and even better when you get to experience a Dallas thunderstorm from inside. I agree with many of the reviewers who say that the food and beverages are pricey, but then, when you are staying at an isolated hotel, which one of them won't gouge you?

On the other hand, complaints about the staff, in my experience are unwarranted. It really is a hotel with good old Texas hospitality.

On my list of must haves:

Towels: 3 stars, plenty and fairly fluffy
Breakfast: 3 stars, only because it depends on which wait-staff you get.
Water pressure: 5 stars
Free internet: 1 star, pricey and no free internet in the lobby.
Pillows: 4 stars