“Just not good service”

Bob's Steak and Chophouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Bob's Steak and Chophouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 253 Restaurants in Grapevine
Price range: US$ 25 - US$ 100
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Highway 114
Reviewed 7 March 2018

We have been to Bob's many times over the years and went back twice last week as have really enjoyed their lamb and the cigar lounge. Always a highlight of out trip.
This time MUCH different.
The first night we had already had dinner and just went to the cigar lounge for drinks and cigars.
No doubt they give BIG pours which is very appreciated.
However when I gave the server my card to pay after 20 min we had not gotten back my card and I finally asked her where it was. It turned out she had given it to a group of about 6 people. I have no idea if my CC was compromised or not by this.
The next night we went back and had the lamb. My friend had great lamb mine was just not good tender but not tasty. Reordered and same thing.
Then went to cigar lounge again. Had pleasant time
Then gave CC and would you believe it happened again.
I had to track down my CC after 20 min.
No apologies just excuses. The prices we pay should mean GREAT service.
Not going back

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

The steak was not bad, just not very good. The employees bringing out the food were more polite than the waiter. He seemed like he was just there to get the big tip from the big bill. I ordered my T- bone medium. The steak came out medium well. The side of asparagus and macaroni were nothing special. The ambiance is nice. Not a lot of parking on the weekends. I have been to Bobs numerous times with no problems with food or service. Tonight was disappointing.

Reviewed 16 February 2018

We've been to 2 other locations, this was our first time here. Both my wife and I felt this was the best of the 3. Food is Exceptional is all 3, the decor is all is great, this was the bigger of the 3, and the dining rooms to the back were nice, comfortable and relatively quiet.

The food is absolutely amazing, starting from the Tomato and Onion salad. The tomatoes were huge and extremely tasty. My wife and I both got the 9oz Filet Mignon, and they were both cooked to perfection, with a very good taste. The potatoes, and asparagus were both absolutely delicious, and to end the evening, the Chocolate Cake was huge, and perfect.

The waiter (Abe) was absolutely perfect, the food absolutely perfect, and I feel confident to says that Bob's is as good or better then any steak house around. Not cheap, but worth every cent. Our 30th Anniversary will never be forgotten.

Reviewed 12 February 2018

We were here with a group of 14. It's a nice looking restaurant and it's HUGE. I mean, it's like the Tardis in there! As we were being led from the bar to our table all the way back into a private room I was beginning to wonder if they were taking us to another restaurant in another zip code. No lie - we actually lost a couple of our group on the long trek and someone had to go back to find them. Good thing they didn't go Donner Party on anyone for those few minutes they were lost.
So here we are away from the noise of the rest of the restaurant - and it is insanely LOUD for a nice steakhouse. But the drawback was that the private room was just a boring box compared to the look of the rest of the place.
We ordered our drinks (just a glass of nice tempranillo for me and a pinot noir for hubby). I ordered the wedge salad and lobster bisque and hubby ordered the calamari. I greatly enjoyed the bisque and decided it was the best I've had in a restaurant, with plenty of lobster and a great flavor that perfectly straddled the savory/sweet line (my favorite is still the one from Costco which, though a bit sweet, is inexpensive). I was greatly disappointed with the calamari. It was just another blah rendering that everyone else and their cousin's restaurant already does with a *yawn* sauce. Plus ours must've come from the bottom of the fry basket as it was at least 50% breading with not many good pieces of squid. Don't waste your money on that. The wedge salad was just as boring and I didn't finish it. It wasn't bad at all so if you like wedge salads then go ahead and order it. The bread that came to the table was also boring, but at least it was hot.
We shared the bone-in ribeye, which was a large 22oz beautiful steak cooked to a perfect MR. The carrot that came with it is a ridiculously large thing that maybe was grown in a lab. Two of our friends had one that was as big around as my wrist and forearm. I don't think I want to know which nuclear test ground they came from. I have to say looking at theirs compared to ours I admitted a bit of carrot envy. It was nicely cooked though and tasted good. We opted for the garlic smashed potatoes and they were nice, but a tiny portion, which was disappointing. We also ordered a side of sauteed mushrooms that were large and tasty. Everything was more than enough and we had a full dinner the next day as well!
For dessert I opted for the creme brulee, which was a surprisingly large portion and absolutely delicious. I couldn't finish it so I took a chance and took it home. It was just as good the next day, though the sugar crust kinda died. I also tasted a friend's bread pudding and it was fabulous.
Our servers were great and I would come back here, though I would definitely share a meal again considering the prices and the fairly large portions.

Reviewed 11 February 2018

I mistakenly deleted my online reservation about 30 minutes before, adding a note, but the hostess was gracious enough to seat us. It helped that it was still early....an hour later and I don't think this would have happened. Great booth in the back that was very quiet by Bob's grapevine standards. It was a cold night, and the restaurant was a little cold. We had some special requests, substituting for the baked potato and the carrot ($2 off a side is the substitute.....I guess if it was free half of the guests would do it). I had the lamb chops. Excellent. The spinach, asparagus and mushroom sides were great. My wife's steak was great. Been awhile since I had been to this restaurant, but it was good to be back.