New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center

Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center
Ranked #2 of 18 Hotels in Grapevine
Colorado
“Nice place to hold a meeting”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2012

We presented a 3 day training course in their conference center. The facilities and support were excellent. The food and drinks provided in a nearby room are among the best we've seen in our various conference rooms across the country. The dining room buffet was high quallity and they were very responsive to special dietary needs from one of our students.

The room was often too cold and that seemed hard to get under control. Also, one of our students couldn't get good directions from the staff when trying to find our class, but that seemed an isolated incident.

All in all, a great place for a meeting or training session.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HiltonDFW, General Manager at Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center, responded to this review, 7 May 2012
Dear TheSpear,

Our chefs, servers, and coffee break attendants were excited to hear that you enjoyed the food and beverage available during your training course! We are so fortunate to have such a creative team, and we are glad that you found the staff to be supportive. Thank you for your feedback; we look forward to assisting you with future meetings.

Steve Haley, CHA
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
  • Finnish first
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2012

I chose this hotel (and paid several months in advance) for three reasons. It had an outside lakeside swimming pool, an executive package with access to an executive lounge for breakfast, evening drinks and nibblies, and is walking distance to Grapevine shopping mall. This was to meet my in transit needs of some sun and exercise in the pool, being away from big conference groups and families, and not having to navigate the Dallas freeway system to get in some US Shopping. When arrived, I was advised the pool was closed and there were no rooms available on the Executive floor. Fortunately Grapevine Mall had not moved, and did not disappoint with some factory outlet stores allowing me to pick up some good deals ( saved $175 on Bose noise canceling headsets for the trip home).

After a dummy (pacifier) spit at reception an appropriate room was found, I discovered that Wifi was included in the Executive package (otherwise $10 a day, see other reviews of mine for what I think about that in 2012). However the Wifi coverage was patchy and no signal at the pool, I did sit in the sun even though I wasn't allowed to swim.

Things began to pick up a little later when I was offered a complimentary later checkout which coincided with my flight times, it influenced me to do some in-house dining, although the choice was limited.

The free shuttle service to airport leaves on the hour and on the half hour. Except when I planned to take it, it was 25 mins passed the hour so l missed it.

Overall the service at this Hilton was totally inconsistent, from the generous offer a late checkout to the Internet promotion not refecting available services. Some staff were excellent, while others really do need to work on their delivery.

Will try elsewhere next time. Too much brown.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Canguro_too
HiltonDFW, General Manager at Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Canguro_too,

Thank you for taking the time to outline several different aspects of your stay. We are pleased to hear that our location and amenities attracted you to our 4 diamond facility. The outdoor pool is open for swimming from Memorial Day through Labor Day, but the view from our lakeside outdoor pool deck is one of the highlights of our 40 acres year round! We regret that certain elements of your stay did not meet your expectations; however, we are confident that the excellence you found in several areas is the norm here at the Hilton DFW Lakes. We appreciate your patronage and feedback and hope we will have the opportunity to have you back as our guest.

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

My wife and I stay here every year when we go to Dallas to seee her family. This hotel has great common areas including an outdoor pool and sun deck by a lake, walking trails, racket ball, indoor pool and a great fitness center. The fitness center is one of the best I have ever seen in a hotel. There is a Starbucks coffee bar in the lobby too. Parking is free (self park) and you can walk to about 30 resturants and Grapevine Mills mall. Also the Airport is only 10 mins away and the Galleria Mall is only 20 mins away. There is a good lobby sports bar with drink specials and lots of TVs. If you go to their website you can book the Seniors Rate and even if you aren't a senior; they never check for proof and you save $15 dollars a night.

Room Tip: Sometimes the elevators are a bit slow if the resort is full. A second floor room allows you to tak...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Honestreviews1777,

Thank you for being a loyal Hilton DFW Lakes guest! It’s great to welcome you back each year. Our local health club members share your appreciation of the great fitness center – we truly have a lot to offer our travelers. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences, and we look forward to your next family visit.

Danbury, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2012

I chose this hotel due to its proximity to the airport and Grapevine. As a Diamond HHonors member, I like to try different Hiltons. (We stayed at the Hilton Anatole the first night of our trip.) We were greeted promptly by the valets. The hotel is situated in a beautiful area with lovely grounds. Check-in was prompt, but rather odd. I was handed a welcome letter and told where the pool and restaurants were. When I asked about the Diamond perks, I was told they were in the letter. I read the letter while being checked in and noted it said we got free breakfast "coupons enclosed." I asked where the coupons were and the guy said, "oh yeah, I forgot." We proceeded to our room which was a king on a high floor as requested. The room was fine and clean. The bath was rather small, but had a rainshower head. Turns out the shower was terrific water pressure, but it was the European style 1/2 door which looks nice, but ends up with water all over the floor. After dropping off our bags we went exploring and noticed an "Executive Lounge" sign on the 8th floor of the elevator. I was surprised because I was never told about the lounge. The front desk said, "It's closed on the weekends." Really? That's fine, but I would have preferred being told upfront. The breakfast was a classic Hilton buffet with made-to-order omelets. The food was fresh and good, but again the service was lacking. We asked for coffee refills, but the waitress got distracted. After 10 minutes my husband got up and got a pot from the back himself. She never stopped by again. Overall, the hotel was fine, but the valets were the only personnel that gave good customer service. I don't like being negative, but hope this will be used to improve the service for others. We travel all the time and are huge Hilton fans. I'm hoping by our next visit the service will be improved.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HiltonDFW, General Manager at Hilton DFW Lakes Executive Conference Center, responded to this review, 30 March 2012
Dear MrsBerry,

You are a valued HHonors member and we appreciate the loyalty you have shown to Hilton. Thank you for being a huge Hilton fan and for offering your suggestions. We always strive to present the ultimate experience in hospitality to every guest here at our four diamond hotel, and we are confident that on your next visit you will find all of the service staff as attentive as the valets were for you this trip! Let us know when you’ll be back in the Grapevine area to enjoy another stay at our property.

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I stay at quite a few Hilton properties. Kim checked me in at the Honors line at the front desk, and she was friendly, efficient, and went out of her way to help me make a few adjustments to my reservation and when I asked about adding another reservation for next week, she told me she would take care of it for me and have a confirmation slipped under my door later that evening. Within 20 minutes, the confirmation appeared under the door!

My room was on the executive floor and was nice, but the bathroom needs renovating. The room appears to have had a recent facelift, but it is only skin deep. Wallpaper in bathroom was peeling in some places, old tub/shower, etc., but a nice speakman shower head and good water pressure. New fixtures on sink, etc. Bed was excellent, flat screen TV had HD signal coming in to it. Lounge on the executive floor is very nice and well-stocked.

Ate breakfast buffet - very friendly staff and omelet station cook - they all go out of their way to help and are very courteous. That is what struck me at this hotel - although a little old in terms of the facility itself, the staff makes up for it. It is obviously a very well-managed property.

The hotel is very close to DFW, right across the street from Bass Pro Shop and other shopping. Took about 10 minutes to drive to the rental car returns this morning.

The only thing holding this back from being a top-shelf Hilton is a full-scale renovation of the room/bathroom. A very solid stay and I will return.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear birdonthebeach,

Thank you for your straightforward assessment of our staff and facility. We are extremely proud of the level of service we offer in our wonderfully-located hotel, and we have shared your comments with our entire team. We look forward to your return!