“Welcoming and Comfortable”

Holiday Inn Express Grand Prairie I-20
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Grand Prairie
Reviewed 20 April 2012

I spent 5 nights at this hotel while on business. Upon arrival I got a really nice goodie bag of snacks for being a priority club member - better than the usual. The room was spotless, the bed very comfortable and the furnishings new. (Carpet should be the next upgrade but I could totally live with it!) The staff was so friendly and helpful from the front desk to the folks that man the morning breakfast. Free waters in a cooler, cookies and on Wednesday night I had a beer as part of their happy hour. I used the fitness center very morning. I loved that they had wipes for wiping down the equipment, fresh towels and cold water.

One of the best things about this hotel is the location. Within walking distance is IHOP, a ribs place, Cheedars, a grocery store, Ton Mongolian Grill... and more. within a mile radius, one could eat at a different place for nearly two weeks.

Here is the tricky thing: If you put the address into your GPS, it will bring you to a plaza with the Holiday Inn nowhere in sight! I had to ask someone at the grocery store where the hotel was. If you are facing the grocery store, follow the road around to the right and it will be on your right, just past IHop.

Oh, and there is a 16 theater movie theater also within walking distance - right across the street.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank cmclauss
Peter D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grand Prairie I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2012

We sincerely appreciate the kind word and valuable feedback. Our team feels pride when our guests enjoys and acknowledge our extra effort on services. Furthermore, we are in the process of replacing the carpet in the near future. Thank you again for your feedback!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the HIE during Spring Break. The rooms are somewhat small (we had a standard double), but we were not in the room that much. The hotel was clean, service was very friendly, and the morning breakfast was very good. They also had two computers set up by the breakfast area and WiFi (great for the kid's IPADs.

The hotel was located centrally to Dallas and Fort Worth (we visited both cities during our stay).

If you plan to stay, look for a coupon online through the Grand Prairie visitors center. It was for $89/night (I am sure there are restrictions) We would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Peter D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grand Prairie I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2012

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you as a guest and giving us the consideration for future stay in the area.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

Recently completed a 7 night stay with a small group. Was attracted to the property based on reviews here specifically related to customer service. They did NOT disappoint and it was beyond what I expected. Arrived later on a Sunday and a small mix up with reservation. Despite me acting sort of like a clown, they proved their customer service by handling the situation with professionalism and class. Just started off great. Breakfast was on time and terrific. Workout room small but did okay.They have a nice managers reception and not with something like heated up pizza puffs...the one night was Rudy's brisket, turkey and sausage!!!! They took care of every little request. Rooms clean and great air conditioner. Good location with a lot around. The small complaints I do have...and very small....hot tub could have been hotter and maid service starts very early as some said. Nice to not have people knocking on doors around you so early. But, this place is terrific and I would definitely recommend to anyone. LaWanda and company.....2 big thumbs up!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Request opposite side of freeway.....
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Peter D, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Grand Prairie I-20, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

We are always very happy when a guest contacts us about the wonderful service they have received. I will ensure that each team memebr gets recognized for a great job they have done. We also appreciate the recommandation and will try to implement to the best of our ability.

Reviewed 1 March 2012

I always try to stay here when going to western edge of Dallas. Staff is always friendly and happy to get extra pillows or towels if you want them. Breakfast is free, satisfying and quick.
Grocery store is abt 100 yards away so with room refrig and microwave, you can stick to your diet or eat cheaply. Also has an IHOP, barbq, other rest, fast food places and Baskin & Robbins very near too. (ok there goes your diet!). Walgreens close too.
The hotel gives you a nice bag of goodies
if you're a Holiday Inn select club member filled with some healthy & not as healthy snacks along with a bottle of water.
There's a theater across the parking lot. Never had time to go, but sure would be convenient.
Always great staff. I always stay here when I need to be in this area of town. Feels very safe too.

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you for the kind word and consistently considering us for your home away from home. It feels pride when a Guest recognized and appreciates the extra effort.

Reviewed 7 February 2012

The staff seems to care and I haven't had to wait for anything. I got a king suite and the room is plenty big and clean. It has a relatively new big screen but no HD content. The hotel is consistent with the brand.

• Stayed: February 2012

Thank you for taking your valuable time to give us feedback. We are presently working with Time Warner cable to layout the necessary infrastructure to implement HD channel in all of our guest room.