All reviewsthe cottageskoi pondget awayfrench toastplace to stayeach morningcomfortable bedvisiting granburywonderful experienceporchhostssnackssquarebreakfastweekendtubaccommodations
Reviewed 7 August 2017

My friend and I decided to spend a couple of days in Granbury for her birthday. I booked the Pomegranate B&B for Friday night. We arrived around 10am and shopped a little before lunch. Called and asked if our room was ready and it was. Met the owner and he told us the key was in the door. (That's about it) No "welcome to our place or if you need anything, let us know". In other words not what I would call welcoming or friendly. Our room was nice. I booked the Carriage House which is the largest with a king bed, which was very comfortable. I told the owners' that it was my friend's birthday and anything they could do to make it special would be appreciated. They did nothing. Not even a "Happy Birthday!" The breakfast was on the outside porch. I had read that the owner was a "chef" so I thought we might get something unusual or interesting. We had French toast (bread from Walmart), sausage (Jimmy Dean),potatoes and fruit. It tasted good, but nothing special. At breakfast, the owners chatted it up with another couple and practically ignored my friend and me. We paid over $200 for this experience and while it was not terrible, it also wasn't a warm, inviting, friendly or exceptional experience either. So if you like average accommodations with average food and no personal service, this is the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Ernie1002, Owner at Pomegranate House & Cottages B&B, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

We're very sorry you weren't completely happy with your stay but hope you'll come back and enjoy Granbury another time. When you booked online you were offered the opportunity to order special things for your friend - you did - a fruit and cheese tray. You did not order flowers or a nibbles basket so they were not provided. We did not realize you wanted anything else as you didn't ask for anything else. We are always glad to provide anything extra that a guest asks for.

Our normal check-in is anytime after 3pm - you were able to check-in before noon. I was still cleaning cottages and my husband was working in the yard - you really didn't give us much time to "chit chat" since you went directly to your cottage and then immediately left again. We have found over the years that guests want the information they need when they first arrive and then left alone to freshen up, etc. We're very sorry we didn't realize that you wanted to talk more.

We don't provide a fancy cuisine breakfast - but you also don't go away hungary as I have at some B&B's. The two tables at breakfast were beside each other - Tom tries to angle himself to talk to everybody at one time - unfortunately you didn't seem to want to participate in the conversation.

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

We've been to Pomegranate House twice now, and both times were perfect! We have stayed in one of the cottages and also at one of their two on-square apartments. We loved being in town, and the apartment was huge and comfy. Our hosts make a wonderful breakfast each morning, with a relaxed dining experience. They also put out snacks.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2017 via mobile

This was an impromptu weekend get away. I was looking at this bed and breakfast when a colleague recommended the exact place. What a wonderful experience for my first bed and breakfast. The host set out an amazing chocolate peacan pie when we returned from dinner. The breakfast was delicious. I real definitely return in the future. Lots of cute shops within walking distance.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 March 2017 via mobile

Being a regular trip advisor reviewer i have stayed in and reviewed several B&B's and rated most with high scores. Normally I check trip advisor on restaurants and or places to stay. This is one of the few times i did not and regretfully so. Our room was so small it actually caused my wife claustrophobic problems. The caulking was coming off in the tub area and the towel rack was almost off of the wall in the bathroom. Your coffee pot is not even rinsed out between days there by the staff. The room had a musty almost wet dog smell to it. Management is virtually non existent so if you need something you are on your own. My two phone calls i did make were received by a very rude person. I even told my wife i've never had a B&B person talk so rudely as though i was interrupting their lives when i called. Circumstances were so poor in fact we checked out a day early. If you need dog friendly and are willing to sacrifice everything else for such than this is your place. You can see from this merchants replies to other low scoring reviews that they refuse to acknowledge any wrong doing but rather speak negatively against the customer complaining.

Stayed: March 2017
1  Thank artibear
Reviewed 15 February 2017

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this place!
Hubby and I stayed here over Valentine's.
We basically self checked-in after grabbing a couple homemade chocolate chip cookies.
The Carriage House suite was perfect. Roomy, soft bed, pillows and sheets and cozy fireplace. Huge bathroom with a walk-in shower, a fantastic whirlpool tub for two and fluffy robes! The room had a big binder stuffed with historical info, local shopping and restaurant menus all just a few blocks away on the square. Room also has coffee maker, corkscrew, wine/drinking glasses, fridge and extra hangers.

We only met the owner once when he brought breakfast to our room, which was fine with us. We're middle-aged adults and know how this works and appreciate the privacy and undisturbed relaxation. Breakfast was one of the best we've had. Fresh, hot blueberry pancakes, slice of ham, cheesy potato casserole and fresh fruit.

We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple