“Down home cookin'”

Laurie's Too Tea room
Ranked #11 of 168 Restaurants in Georgetown
Reviewed 21 December 2017

You are made to feel at home at Laurie's Too. The menu is right out of your Grandmother's comfort kitchen and is served with the same warmth and care. The burgers are delicious and the casseroles are just like mother makes.

Reviewed 13 November 2017

Love the hamburgers here with the Kings Hawaiian buns, make for a great hamburger. Sweet potatoe fries are crisp. My wife and I love the Peach Tea and always tempted by the "tart" mini pies they make.

Salads and the Salad Sampler are great alternatives

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Today my husband and I tried Lauries Restaurant on Main Street in Georgetown for the first time. This establishment is very close to the town square so it is a great place to grab a bite when you are enjoying the shopping of the unique stores in the area.

Unfortunately we were not greeted when we arrived so we were not sure if were to select our own table or go to the counter first to order. Then we noticed menus and flatware on a buffet next to the door so we took what we needed and choose a table. A couple of minutes later our server greeted us with a welcoming smile and took our drink order.

I had the salad sampler. It included a scoop of chicken salad, a spinach with grape tomatoes tossed salad, broccoli salad and congealed salad. Since the congealed salad included pineapple, which I am allergic to, the server suggested a cup of cream of cilantro soup. That turned out to be my favorite part of my meal. This soup has an unusual sour taste that I loved! The broccoli salad was delicious as well. It included red onion, bacon and golden raisins. The spinach salad was served with a yummy Balsamic vinegar dressing and was fresh and tasty. The chicken salad was not distinguished. Not bad. Just plain. I would order this combo again.

My husband had the pork loin sandwich which he said was just okay. It was served with sweet potato fries and they were very enjoyable.

The dining room is on the plain side so you do not go here for the ambiance. But it is located in a great area downtown and the food was served quickly.

They sell casseroles that you can take home for dinner. We got the chicken enchilada casserole to take with us. I'll let you know how it tastes after I have tried some.

We will go back. I want to try their quiche next time.

Reviewed 18 October 2017

This is a cozy little restaurant with excellent food. I had the blue cheese quiche for lunch. It was fabulous--light and fluffy, yet packed with flavor. Yummmmm! The server was very friendly and attentive, but not overbearing. The desserts looked delicious, too, but I didn't dare have one. I did take home one of their gigantic cookies, though. It's a good place to stop before or after going to Rough and Ready Antiques.

Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

There use to be petitions in the room but now it is just one big room. I liked it better before, it was more private and had more character. Plus now the sound level is so high you cannot hear conversation at your own table. Most of the food is still good but I did not like the red potato soup I ordered. My quiche was a very tiny serving. The mixed appetizer plate was good.