“Great Staff, View, decent food”
Review of The Uptown Social

The Uptown Social
Ranked #16 of 168 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: American, Italian, Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 August 2017

We ate there Friday 8/11/17. Wanted to have something to eat before we went to the GT Square to listen to the music. We had wine (Cab & Pino) and Margarit Pizza. The wine was good. The Happy Hour only included the Foo, Foo drinks and if I remember correctly 1-2 beers. No wine. I thought the pizza was pretty good. It had more basil then any similar pizza I've had. Maybe 3 X as much. I love basil so I was pleased. My wife thought it was not very tasteful. we ordered Italian Sausage added to it and I thought it was light on that. I'd order 2X the sausage next time . Staff was very pleasant, helpful, polite. It was way to hot to sit on the balcony but you could see it would be a great view in cooler weather. We'd return to try the wings, etc.

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

Beautiful views of the area and the waitress was friendly and the food was amazing!! The calzone was delicious ❤️

Reviewed 3 August 2017

We met two other couples to have drinks and enjoy the band. Ordered pizza and it was excellent. Our waiter was busy but attentive. It was too hot to sit outside on the patio but on a cooler night it would be great to watch the sunset. We will definitely return and it is a great spot to take visitors.

Reviewed 12 July 2017

Decent pub fare but what makes this a hip little place is the staff and the wrap around balcony. You may find it hard to locate but just park next to the barber shop and look up...literally you can see ppl at tables on what looks like the roof. Just follow folks around the side of the building and take an elevator up. Great ppl watching and drinks are too $$. Nice spot to mingle and the view at sunset is spectacular.

Reviewed 15 June 2017 via mobile

This is a Hidden Gem on the top floor of an office building that you would never know is there unless you had a local take you like we did. Great pizza and on Tuesdays if you order beer or liquor that was made in Texas, it only cost you three bucks. The best part though was sitting outside with a great view of Georgetown on all four sides.