“Beautiful view and great seafood!”

Islamorada Fish Company
Ranked #162 of 404 Restaurants in Garland
Dining options: Reservations
Description: What began as a tiny marina snack bar in the Florida Keys known for its fresh-from-the-docks seafood is now an acclaimed Bass Pro Shops dining destination. Here, you can still enjoy the original World Famous Islamorada Fish Sandwich in a setting steeped in the magic of the Keys. Soaring beams and glass, a huge saltwater aquarium, and classic fishing lodge décor featuring treasures and trophies from yesteryear provide a stunning backdrop for your dining adventure. On the menu: signature cocktails, exotic appetizers, fresh-daily seafood, hickory-fired rotisserie chicken, wild game, grilled steaks, sandwiches, salads, and (of course) our amazing Key Lime Pie! Treat yourself to the authentic flavors and laid-back ambience of the Keys-stop in today.
Reviewed 7 April 2015

Tonight was the first time I dined at the restaurant. My friend and I sat outside. It was wonderful on the patio. The wind was blowing hard outside....yet in the inclosed patio it was wind free and bug free. The view from the patio made me feel like I was at a resort on the beach. It is stunning! I ordered the alligator appetizer. The alligator was was fried to perfection. The sauce they served with it was just okay. I think a Ranch with a bit of horseradish sauce would have made it really great. For my main course, I ordered the Grouper grilled with veggies and rice. It was really good! My friend ordered the steak. Her plate came with a grilled lemon which should have been on my plate. The staff needs more training. The prices are more upscale and the service should be compatible. Its just little things like bringing you small plates with your appetizer. You shouldn't have to ask for it. They staff was nice but when you are there at 5:00 and the place is empty you should have the best service ever. The food was delicious and the view is wonderful. I will give it another try for sure!

Date of visit: April 2015

Reviewed 19 February 2015

What a thought having a fish restaurant at Bass Pro. Perfect fit, and perfectly prepared fish!
Well seasoned, cooked soft and tender. A home run!

Date of visit: December 2014
Reviewed 18 January 2015

We had the pleasure of eating here today for lunch. First the décor. It is right up there with just awesome! What you would expect from Bass Pro Shop. A gigantic Salt water aquarium with big beautiful fish behind the bar. Cool stuff everywhere you look. And that view of the lake! Very neat! I think a got a kink in my neck just looking around constantly at everything! Now the service. Perfect. Smiles, politeness, Attentive, But didn't hover. Knew the food and options. Food was served hot. Good presentation. Grilled items were cooked perfect. Fried items the same. Good dipping sauces and sides. Awesome fries. Large portions. Average prices for what you get. We had the fried gator first. Its been awhile since I had this. Last time was at a seafood place in Florida. It was cooked perfect! Very tender. Came with a jalapeno jam dipping sauce. Very good. Great job here Bass! We look forward to coming back.

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

We came to shop at Outdoor World and decided to have dinner. Out daughter needed to leave within 50 minutes to get to work. I asked the hostess if it would be reasonable for the three of us to be in and out in that time, and we were assured that would be fine. 10 minutes later we met our waitress and placed our order. 20 minutes after that we did not have our food yet, and they were simple orders. When we inquired, we were told that it would be at least 10 more minutes by our apologetic server. We then had to ask that our food be boxed to go. It is frustrating that our 55.00 worth of food is being eaten in Styrofoam because the restaurant was not prepared to seve the few small groups in tandem with a party. Hope they plan better in the future. Food has potential, though. Wish we had ketchup wirh our fries. :/

Reviewed 13 July 2014

It's a beautiful place with a wonderful view and a magnificent saltwater fish tank. Unfortunately there's not much good to say about the food, but at least there's nothing very bad to say.
Compared to other seafood restaurants (Jo's or Red Lobster) in their price range, the food is quite bland. I ordered the coconut shrimp, it was well cooked but bland, the gator quite tasty, but the sauces fell flat. My husband ordered the crab with andouille sausage, he was satisfied.

Date of visit: July 2014