See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 10 April 2017

My husband and I almost always stay at budget motels because we travel often and want to keep costs down. I'm definitely not picky and have stayed at several Motel 6 locations. I don't expect anything amazing. My only real requirement is a decent level of cleanliness and a working lock on the door. A note for everyone who has never stayed at one before: they don't provide shampoo, irons, mircrowaves, coffee makers in room, hair dryers, breakfast in the morning, etc. They provide a place to sleep, a shower, and coffee in the lobby in the mornings. A lot of them don't have fridges but this one did. I don't get why people complain about it when the info can easily be found on their website and all over the internet. Be prepared and bring everything you need. This location also had free wifi which isn't common and was a nice touch.

I've never had a comfortable bed at a Motel 6, but the one at this motel was especially bad. It felt like sleeping on a box spring covered in a sheet. I always bring a warm blanket and an extra pillow or two when I stay at a Motel 6 so that helped. I recommend everyone do the same because their blanket is hardly thicker than a sheet and the pillows aren't much thicker. Your stay will be much more comfortable if you accept this and prepare ahead of time. Another thing about this location that really bothered me was the interstate right next to the motel, but that's hardly avoidable. Even in the middle of the night the DFW traffic is really loud. I think it wouldn't have been so loud if we had stayed on the backside, so I recommend requesting a room there if you can. The other guests were also really loud and someone was blaring music in the parking lot around 3 am and it took nearly 20 minutes for someone to come outside and tell them to turn it off, and I don't think it was a Motel 6 employee. The room left a lot to be desired in cleanliness the night we got there (well after midnight). There was a really gross smell that caused my husband and I to wrinkle our noses and look at each other immediately after entering. The shower curtain was covered in brown stains and the floor in the bathroom looked like it hadn't been swept in a long time. There were piles of dust in all the corners of the room. If it hadn't been so late and we hadn't been driving for nearly 10 hours we might have complained, but since the bed was clean we just went to sleep (after spraying a lot of perfume). The next morning we left and came back to the motel that night. The room didn't smell this time for some reason but we still had to wear flip flops in the shower and around the room because of the lack of sweeping.

Overall, I would probably stay here again just because I think it's stupid to pay more than $70-$80 a night when you're just looking for a place to lay your head, and this was the cheapest motel around (I paid $55/a night at a special online rate). It definitely wasn't disgusting like some motels I've stayed at in the DFW area, but management could definitely up the cleanliness a bit and replace some shower curtains though.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillows and blanket, request a room on the side not facing the interstate, bring flip flops to wear in the shower
  • Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maggieraeann
Reviewed 28 October 2016 via mobile

I was hesitant, because of the reviews. The price was less than half the price of the other hotels that take pets. We got two rooms, they were both clean, everything was working as expected. Thanks for saving us $120 +
We had 2 dachshunds with us too. The floors were padded laminate of some kind, no carpeting. The pool looked very nice and clean too. We had refrigerator/freezer and microwave in our rooms also.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 May 2016

The floor was as if it hadnt been swept or cleaned almost ever! very sticky had to wear shoes while in the room. The shower floor clearly hadn't had a good scub in who knows how long and the shower curtain was covered in mold. There was urine on the wall by the toilet as well as other places in the bath room. The so called comforter was just as thick as the sheet why? After asking the 2nd night for the floors to be cleaned they were not. There were pubes among other hair in the towels. No microwave in room but a fridge? Overall experience was horrible basically due to the laziness of your cleaning ladys.

Room Tip: Not worth it
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 November 2015 via mobile

My husband drives a truck OTR, and we stay here at this motel 6. The rooms are very clean. The staff is very friendly. Housekeeping does an excellent job of making sure everything is clean. I would rather stay here than at a Hilton, or Sheraton. Yes u may get more at those high priced motels but you will not get the friendless or clean rooms as you would HERE. And its very quiet here!!

Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2015 via mobile

They won't let you see rm till paid for you can't get refund. I had red stains in carpet only one light work in room no tv no phone spider Webb's all in corners curtains like 25yrs old full of dust. Sneeze all night slept in clothes on to of cover bath tub horrible.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
6Team, brand expericened team member at Motel 6 Dallas - Garland, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2015

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are committed to delivering a clean, comfortable room and apologize for any failure in delivering on the commitment during your recent stay. We have procedures in place related to our pest policy that should have prevented the inconveniences you describe. Our staff aims to provide the highest level of hospitality to our guests through our customer service, but with your experience we have fallen short and would like to apologize for the service issues you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations department at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your visit to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.