“India Garden Restaurant, Garland Tx.”
Review of India Garden

India Garden
Ranked #85 of 405 Restaurants in Garland
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

This restaurant has been in Garland for 15+years, and I can't believe we are just now trying it out. The food was absolutely incredibly delicious. We didn't know what to order, being unfamiliar with India cuisine. The waiter sent one of the chefs to talk with us, and he narrowed it down to an appetizer and two entrees. I can not rave enough about the food as well as the service. We learned that the chef is world renowned nation wide. He gets flown to various venues in New York, Chicago and other places to as the head chef for thousands of participants. The pride they take with their dishes certainly reflect this. We will be back, and very soon. You will not be disappointed. This place is a sleeper! It is off of I-30 in the back of a strip center. Im thinking we just passed it by since when we were on this west bound service road at Beltline, we were always on our way home and just did not see it. Great atmosphere as well, may I add. Their website is indiagardengarland.com. Give it a try!

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed 22 July 2017 via mobile

I lived in New Delhi for several years and India Garden was on a par with the best five star hotel restaurants. The tandoori chicken was my choice and my wife had chicken tikka marsala. The portions are huge and while the tab is pricey, it is well worth the price. Service is excellent.

Date of visit: July 2017
Reviewed 27 May 2017

We were pleasantly surprised to find this little hole in the wall place. The menu was varied and the two dishes we tried (Chicken Kurma & Goat Biryani) were absolutely delicious. We have had these dishes at a number of Indian restaurants around the city and I personally think this place is my favorite thus far. We will definitely be back to try more.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

The staff were very friendly.

I am giving 3 stars because I feel the food was "Ok".

The nan bread was very flat and too moist.

Their version of Chicken Tika Masala is bland and not very flavorful. There just wasn't any depth to the flavor. The rice was the same just plain white rice. The chai tea was pretty good.

I probably won't be going back.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 24 March 2017

We used our GPS to find a close Indian Restaurant. It came up with The India Garden and we were only about 2 miles from it. When we drove up we were met by bright, garish blinking colored lights and almost didn't go in. I won't say it's the most attractive Indian restaurant I have been to, but then I'd rather have excellent food. VERY glad we did go in because the food was extremely good and the service was great too! Turns out India Garden has been open for over 20 years! As usual, we ordered way too much. Seems our eyes are almost always bigger than our stomachs. While not on the menu, we asked if they had Onion Bhaji and they did. They were THE best I have had anywhere. We also enjoyed the mint/Cilantro green sauce very much. We then had tasty Aloo Gobi and mild was plenty hot. We ordered Chicken Tikka Masala med. and Chicken Makhani (a/k/a Butter Chicken). Both were super. We also tried the Garlic Naan and Pappadums. Everything was terrific and we can't wait to go back again.

Date of visit: March 2017

Been to India Garden? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK