“Exciting Discovery”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed 27 May 2017

We were pleasantly surprised to find this little hole in the wall place. The menu was varied and the two dishes we tried (Chicken Kurma & Goat Biryani) were absolutely delicious. We have had these dishes at a number of Indian restaurants around the city and I personally think this place is my favorite thus far. We will definitely be back to try more.

Date of visit: May 2017

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

The staff were very friendly.

I am giving 3 stars because I feel the food was "Ok".

The nan bread was very flat and too moist.

Their version of Chicken Tika Masala is bland and not very flavorful. There just wasn't any depth to the flavor. The rice was the same just plain white rice. The chai tea was pretty good.

I probably won't be going back.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 24 March 2017

We used our GPS to find a close Indian Restaurant. It came up with The India Garden and we were only about 2 miles from it. When we drove up we were met by bright, garish blinking colored lights and almost didn't go in. I won't say it's the most attractive Indian restaurant I have been to, but then I'd rather have excellent food. VERY glad we did go in because the food was extremely good and the service was great too! Turns out India Garden has been open for over 20 years! As usual, we ordered way too much. Seems our eyes are almost always bigger than our stomachs. While not on the menu, we asked if they had Onion Bhaji and they did. They were THE best I have had anywhere. We also enjoyed the mint/Cilantro green sauce very much. We then had tasty Aloo Gobi and mild was plenty hot. We ordered Chicken Tikka Masala med. and Chicken Makhani (a/k/a Butter Chicken). Both were super. We also tried the Garlic Naan and Pappadums. Everything was terrific and we can't wait to go back again.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 5 January 2017 via mobile

Headed from Goodnight Texas to lake Fork. After a stop in Dallas we decided to stop for the night and Garland was a good stopping point. We just googled restaurants and saw this. Man, are we glad we tried it. Clean; inviting . The first sniff inside the door just made us all the more hungry. We were not disappointed. Excellent. I ordered a goat dish; wife lamb... and we ended up switching and very happy. And the naan was flavorful and full of garlic. Hope we can get back.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 28 December 2016 via mobile

So good. Fresh and full of flavor. Nice selection of dishes on the buffet. Highly recommend this restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2016

Been to India Garden? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK