1,420 results
All reviews across the street higher floor free shuttle ocean view fridge and microwave pool area rainforest cafe small balcony nice pool family vacation gulf of mexico seawall blvd shuttle service beds were comfortable cruise terminal pleasure pier sea wall
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Beautiful location, staff is so friendly and helpful! Clean rooms with plenty of supplies. Pools is clean and right on the gulf. Great if you like to walk! Plenty of towels and chair. Close to shopping and restaurants

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
qbussey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. Consistency is what we strive for through great service by our team. Once again thank you for your business and we look forward to you returning.

Reviewed 24 September 2018

This is an excellent choice for a vacation hotel. The people are helpful, Deanna was great. It is on the sea wall so you walk across the street and you are at the ocean. The pool and bar are always clean and welcoming. We stay in Galveston a lot and always try to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
qbussey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2018

Thank you for you kind words about the hotel and staff. We strive hard to offer a consistent product with exceptional service. Deanna is one of our strongest performers and I will be sure and let her know what a great job she is doing. Once again thank you for your comments and we look forward to you returning

Reviewed 24 September 2018 via mobile

I made my reservation a few days out and I checked the gulf to see if any storms where out in the gulf and there was nothing. Well the very next day a tropical depression shows up out of no where. This is a one day out from my arrival. Well I tried to cancel and they wouldn’t let me despite a severe storm rolling in. Well I thought why not make the best of it. We check in late and as soon as we walk into our room we see roaches scatter. We killed several while we was there so we was not happy. Then the next day we set out to do what we can in the town but the city is flooding and they are shutting it down so we basically wasted our time here. We left town and headed inland. Still dealt with some rain but not flooding. Not a happy stay for me in Galveston, TX

Stayed: September 2018
qbussey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 September 2018

After reading your comment I can see why you were not happy and I wanted to apologize. I would like to gain some information on the specific days you were visiting as well as the room so I can make immediate corrections. No guest should me put through these conditions and I apologize once again. Pleas contact me at 4097405300 or qbussey@ldry.com at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Reviewed 22 September 2018

This hotel is in a great location, just across the street from the beach. They do have signaled crosswalks in front of the hotel to get to the beach. The room was nice and clean just a standard hotel room but nice. The hallways are open air. They also have some conference rooms plus a restaurant and bar. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: all rooms are ocean view choose a higher floor.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
qbussey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2018

Thank you for you kind words about the hotel and staff. We strive hard to offer a consistent product with exceptional service. Thank you again and we look forward to you returning.

Reviewed 19 September 2018

All the rooms have balconies and a great view from the higher ups. The staff is VERY helpful and friendly. My wife and I enjoyed an overnight stay there. The grounds, pool and bar are quite nice. My only comment would be to eliminate the $8 parking charge for guests.

Room Tip: Best room views are higher up.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
qbussey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Galveston-On The Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay. We appreciate your business as there are no spare customers. In regards to the parking we started this to stay competitive with the other hotels on the island as well as on the Seawall. We will be discussing this for next year and I will bring your comments to the table. Once again thank you for your consideration of our hotel and staff and we look forward to you returning.