“Surprise!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

tigerlz
Abilene, Texas
“Surprise!”
Reviewed 13 July 2013 for a stay in June 2013

Get ready for a wonderful surprise! This cottage is beautiful and very clean! You can see the ocean right out the front window. Sitting on the porch was my favorite pastime. We felt very safe and at home there. We had our little dog with us and she like it so much better than an hotel room. They have netflix, they have dvds,books, many shampoos, laundry soap to wash clothes, coffee. Many little surprises all over the house. Lists of places to eat,drink and have fun. NO STRESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The cottage was sooooooooooo clean.
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Older travelers People with pets
50Teresa5...
Houston, Texas
“So comfortable and relaxing that I did not want to leave!”
Reviewed 2 March 2013 for a stay in January 2013
person found this review helpful

I stayed at the cottage from Jan. thru Feb. Three weeks in all. Everything about the cottage was great! Good location, comfortable beds, and well equipped with every day essentials. Friends and family came to visit at different times. We enjoyed the parade and Mardi Gras! The sunrises and sunsets were amazing and the weather was great for the most part. I will definitely stay here again! Thanks.

Liked best: The location
Liked least: For my extended stay I wish there was more closet space in the master.
Travelling group: Other
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
Texas
Reviewed 31 January 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Older travelers
CLBc656
Omaha
“Spring Break 2012”
Reviewed 6 November 2012 for a stay in March 2012

What a fantastic and awesome place to stay. We were less than 2 blocks from the Gulf of Mexico. We sat on the porch, every morning, with our coffee/tea and enjoyed the sound of the beach and an occassion boat floating by. In the evenings we sat on the porch, listened to the water and could still see the children on the beach. The owners were very helpful and responded to our calls within the 1/2 hour if we had to call them for anything.

I would definitely stay here again. The only minus I saw would be for a person who has trouble with stairs or confined to a wheelchair. The stairs would be a problem for you. But overall, we enjoyed ourserlves. I traveled with my best friend, my son and her son. The boys enjoyed themselves tremendously and didnt want to leave.

Bathroom cleanliness Service
Liked best: Accessibility to the beach.
Liked least: No screen on the front door.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
redsmusic...
Kountze, Texas
“Charming beach bungalow...we'll be back!”
Reviewed 8 October 2012 for a stay in October 2012

I must admit that I was skeptical about renting a vacation rental this way...but you proved me wrong! I rented this cottage as a surprise 1-year anniversary trip for my husband. But, I decided to tell him about it the night before we left. The first question out of his mouth was, "Where is it located?"...with a concerned grimace on his face. Because I'm not very familiar with Galveston geography and neighborhoods as he is, I started to become concerned too. But, we were both pleasantly surprised! It was a quiet neighborhood, and we never heard anything of the traffic on the Seawall. So, that was a plus! And, while I came prepared with some amenities I thought we'd need, I found out I didn't need a thing except the groceries we brought. Everything was clean. The linens, bedding and towels were hotel-grade. And, the kitchen was equipped with everything we needed to help us save a little bit by cooking in for a few meals. My other concern prior to arriving involved whether the house would be cool enough with only window A/C units. But, we were lucky to have had a cool front that weekend, so it kept everything very pleasant in the house during the heat of the day. But, the A/C worked so great, in conjunction with the ceiling fans, that I actually got too cold at night! We had a wonderful, relaxing weekend, and we look forward to coming back again sometime! I even have several co-workers already asking about it too!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: location and charm of an older home
Liked least: very close to other homes, but was quiet nonetheless
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children People with pets
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing