“Good Food and Open Late”
Review of Stuttgarden Tavern

Stuttgarden Tavern
Ranked #51 of 324 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Not a lot of choices for late night dinner near the Tremont, but this place was open and the food was really good. Sandwiches and the like. Smoking is allowed on the patio but there is good air flow so smokers and non-smokers could enjoy a meal in harmony.

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We had a beer at Stuttgarden in Kemah, so we thought we would try the food at the Stuttgarden in Galveston. We sat outside near the street, and our waitress was sweet, friendly and attentive. However, she knew nothing about German beers. We had bratwurst, with house-made mustard, sauerkraut and "German" potato salad (served cold, what a pity). The bratwurst was cooked correctly, the mustard was OK, the sauerkraut was passable, and the potato salad was "American". If I seem harsh in my comments it is because I come from a German family; I speak German well; and I have spent more than 80 weeks of my adult life in Germany over a 35 year period. The good news is that the terrific German beer compensated for the mediocre food. Moreover, they have a LARGE selection of German beers. Prost!

1  Thank Schlauberger1846
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Great service, live band was awesome, beer selection was fabulous! The ONLY thing that didn't make it a 5-star German Restaurant experience for me was the potato salad! When in a German restaurant, one would expect traditional German Potato Salad, instead if was your normal, average, run-of-the-mill cold potato salad you could find at a typical picnic. Boy was I craving the yummy German version!
Really loved the atmosphere and the ambiance... and would highly recommend this place to anyone who wants to have good food and great fun!

1  Thank RANDETEXAS
Reviewed 17 March 2018

We had already eaten and I found this place on untapped, so I had to swing by. Sat outside on their awesome patio space. Really cool vibe. Once we were able to flag down a server, I was able to get a flight of 4 beers for under 10, but they are all individually priced. Not sure if I gave the wrong number for one beer, but I was looking for an imp stout and not a bock. No worries. Saved me a couple of bucks that way. Wish I could stay and drink longer. I could easily see myself spending an afternoon here with some beer buddies.

Reviewed 12 March 2018

My wife and I stopped in because it was dog friendly and had pleasant outdoor seating. Nothing fancy, picnic style tables, lots of shade and friendly wait staff. The tavern has a wide selection of craft beers and overall some pretty good pub style food. All in all a pleasant place to take a load off walking around the Strand. Rest up, Drink a beer and munch on a burger before heading back out for more site seeing. Though we did not see any kids, I suspect this place is family friendly.