Once in awhile you find a gem of a place on the water... as in, has a balcony overlooking the beach, great bed, pool, hot tub, free breakfast with sausage and eggs as well as waffles and the normal yogurt, sweet rolls, bagels, etc.., clean, safe, free parking, , ..... and it even has stuff you don't normally care about... a HUGE moveable flatscreen tv... work out room, good restaurants within walking distance (like a hundred feet out the door)... and the price is unreal.. as in under $50 a night midweek with your AAA rate. This is that once in awhile place. Complete with tropical colors, and an absolutely wonderful energy.
So... you think it is SO good, that if you are smart, you will keep it to yourself, so that it won't be fully booked the next time you really need a break. But then, you meet and talk to the staff. They are amazing. You hear them over and over again go the extra mile for guests.
So, you tell the truth and you let others know how truly wonderful it is to stay there. They couldn't give me the seagull calls that woke me this morning, but I believe they would have done that. I sat and used the computer in the lobby for long enough to see them let a dad and little girl go in and make waffles an hour after breakfast finished. I know first hand that they will call you if the room you really want (521 - with two windows on the water) opens up. And yes, they can find the sewing kit, or the paper, or whatever it is you need.
I have to leave.. I don't want to go... I'm sitting near the front desk listening to the clerk genuinely thank the people who are checking out. Wow. Not hype. Genuine. Good people, running a place I will visit again, as often as I can.
And you know what, there are two elevators. The front one is acting up and they have had the service folks out three times in five days. It is a bit of an annoyance. Means I will have to walk another 50 feet down the hall to the other elevator. Does this take it down a notch? Get real.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Award Winning Quality Inn & Suites™ Beachfront hotel Galveston, TX located on the Seawall, adjacent to miles of sandy beaches and offers beautiful views of the Gulf of Mexico from our guest room balconies. Newly Installed State of the Art Dual Band WiFi System with a fast 100/20 three ISP Broadband Connection. This hotel is a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence Award Winner 2014 - 2011 and is just minutes from the great area attractions, such as the new Pleasure Pier with its amusement rides, Moody Gardens, the historic Grand 1894 Opera House, Schlitterbahn Water Park, the Elissa sailing ship, the Strand National Historic Landmark District, 61st Fishing Pier, the Cruise Ship docks, and many restaurants overlooking the Gulf, recreational sailing, fishing and numerous amusement rides. The hotel is also located very close to the Galveston Convention Center. Full-service features and amenities include:• Free high-speed Internet access• Free deluxe continental breakfast• Free coffee in the lobby• Free local calls Guests are invited to take advantage of the exercise room, indoor heated pool. This Galveston, TX hotel offers business travelers access to fax services and competitive corporate rates.All spacious guest rooms have large private balconies with seating, coffee makers, hair dryers, safes, microwaves, mini refrigerators, desks, tables and chairs. Almost every room offers spectacular ocean views. Executive king suites also boast sofa sleepers. Coin-operated laundry facilities are located on the premises for guest convenience.Whether traveling for business or pleasure, the Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront hotel is the perfect place to stay when visiting the Galveston, Texas area. Our friendly staff looks forward to seeing you soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn & Suites Galveston Hotel Galveston
- Quality Inn And Suites Galveston
- Quality Inn Hotel Galveston
- Quality Inn Galveston
- Galveston Quality Inn