“HOLY FALAFEL! You should be eating here!”
Review of Mediterranean Chef

Mediterranean Chef
Ranked #79 of 330 Restaurants in Galveston
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 24 May 2017

We ate at this establishment the last night we were on holiday in Galveston, TX. We only wish we had tried it sooner, as we would have been repeat customers! We were warmly greeted & promptly seated once we walked into the restaurant. Our waiter, Jackie, was AMAZING. He is the Webster's Dictionary definition of the perfect waiter. We both ordered the falafel with tahini sauce and the fried potato & sweet potato side. This Mediterranean Chef did not disappoint, the dishes was delicious! We were on holiday in Galveston for a week and this was the ONLY restaurant that had great service and great food.

Reviewed 24 May 2017

Vegetable lasagna was more like a plate of tomato sauce with very little cheese/Bechamel sauce,and flavorless. Pita breads were doughy.

Reviewed 8 May 2017

It may my imagination, but I think this place has gone downhill. I had the spanikopita, which was OK, but nothing special. The potatoes were roasted to the point of almost begin the texture of french fries, and were served with ketchup(!?). My husband had the shrimp kabobs with rice, and he was also unimpressed.

Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

We enjoyed stopping here for lunch. Service was prompt and the food was above average. We had our dog with us and there was no problem with him being at our table.
This is on The Strand. I didn't think it was overpriced for the amount of food that was served. The Gyro was stuffed and very tasty, and the French fries were average. My husband had a pasta dish that was served with warm flat bread.

Reviewed 1 May 2017

I had the special which was chicken, vegetables with Tzatziki Sauce and my husband had the Gyro. Awesome! We eat gluten free and they substituted the pita with veggies!