“Some interesting concerns..yet a good deal” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Motel 6 Galveston - Seawall
Ranked #46 of 52 Hotels in Galveston
Winnipeg, Canada
“Some interesting concerns..yet a good deal”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2012

Some concerns of the establishment about 3 blocks from the Sea Wall of Galveston. I can see the reviews written beside mine as I type this statement and see they mirror my concerns very well! Not a good sign, for a nice building .Firstly , should have relised and gone elsewhere, was the very heavy curry smell on entering the reception and kids watching a TV of Famiy Guy behind the counter. The sign hanging outside wa the draw card.. at $29.99 per night it was almost unbeatable...if it was nicer it would be packed!! Starting off with the poor carpet conditions, looks like a person had gotten sick and they never cleaned the carpet? Water taps loose , ipitted rusted and leaking and gotta love the sandpaper towels. Behind the bed side tables, were filthy with dust,dirt and not certian of what else. Bathroom tiles wer dirty and the bath/shower floor was all wet on arival, as if they had had a shower and not cleaned the tub area? Bonus a >Swimming pool.. LMAO.. sorry but floating plastic bags and green with algae growth,is not my idea of a nice cool dip! Continental breakfast was a caraffe of juice a coffee pot and two covered trays of plastic wrapped pastrys.. <age unknown!? .Pay about $10 more per night and there is aplace right next door/behind that was very reasonable rate.. Can't hurt, or be much less clean!! Good notes.. Close proximity to Sea Wall and walking the beach front.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor overlooking the parking area.. Just incaswe my car got jacked!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank bdouglash
Dilip Z, Owner at Motel 6 Galveston - Seawall, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay at our property. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you felt you experienced with us. There is never an excuse for providing anything less than great service. All claims against this property will be further investigated and corrected where necessary. I hope you will give us another opportunity to service your future lodging needs.
Hotel Management
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Galveston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

bath room floor black w/mold. corners and behind furniture filthey. 4 ref. and stil did not work right. carpets discusting. room service every other day, maybe... nothing good to say. and guess what? bed bugs!!! that was my last night. I'd rather stay in my car.

Room Tip: choose a room elsewhere
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank mack l
Mesquite, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

Wish I had read these other reviews before booking this place.

I sent my grand-daughter and son to Galveston for only 1 night (all they had) for a quick summer outing on 8/13. My son came by early just to check on possible early check in and was asked to come back after 11am. When he did... the nightmare at this establishment began. My son was lectured about trying to check-in early. When he asked to confirm his room he was instructed to "BE QUIET" so the employee could work on his terminal. When my son returned after 3pm to checkin he found the POOL not operational, microwave in the room not functioning. When he asked for a replacement or service, no one ever came after they said they would. The place was dirty and the service RUDE and UNCARING. For $200 for one night.... this is almost CRIMINAL and was like being in a third world country. Service can make up for alot of other issues. Apparently this company is not aware of that. A VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank tlunday
Killeen, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2011

It could have been worse, but it was late and I was desperate. The room felt humid. I realize it is near the ocean but the room had air conditioning, not a swamp cooler. The bathroom floor was grimy along the sides, making it obvious that if the floor is every actually mopped, it is just a quick once-over and there was enough grime on the floor behind the door to make it clear that no one mops back there.

There was partially-dried urine on the toilet seat and lid. It did not come from us.

The floor in the bathroom was just gross. You could tell it hadn't been cleaned after the last people were there. Straightened, yes. Mopped? No.

There was mildew along the bottom of the shower curtain.

The entire room - especially the bathroom - grossed me out enough that I made my kids wear their flip flops, even in the shower. My littlest didn't wear her shoes the next morning and her feet were filthy afterward! It looked like she had been walking barefoot on the sidewalk rather than in a motel room. I snapped a photo just as we stepped out of the door. In the photo we're on the walkway out front but the filth on her feet came from the room, not the walkway.

Pillows on the beds were a joke. They were flat as pancakes - almost literally. Even stacking two wasn't enough, and I am not one that likes very fluffy pillows.

The sign in the lobby says that the lobby hours are from 6am-8pm (I think it's 8pm..I KNOW it says 6 a.m.). When I tried to come turn in our room key card at 7:45, the doors were locked and there was no one in sight at the counter. Even knocking didn't bring anyone to the door. We wound up coming back two hours later to check out. Good thing we didn't have to leave Galveston that day or we would have had issues.

We will NEVER stay in this place again, unless it falls under new ownership.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

The location of the hotel is great, just a block or two from West Beach. Next to a grocery store (Randell's), a block or so from Walgreen's and CVS.

Upon entering our room, the carpet felt damp and the room was fairly musty. When I sat on the bed it smelled like dirty butt - no other way to describe it. It was better once the comforter was off the bed, but the bedding was still not fresh smelling.

The toilet paper was damp to the touch. The toilet seat was stained (so much so that I thought it was filthy). The toilet itself was dirty. The towels were as rough as sandpaper and smelled musty.

• Stayed July 2011