Super 8 Galveston
Comfort Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$ 206
US$ 179
ComfortInn
Harbor House Hotel & Marina at Pier 21(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$ 134
US$ 123
  • Breakfast included
Scottish Inn(Galveston)
US$ 100
Hilton Galveston Island Resort(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$ 312
US$ 261
US$ 191
US$ 185
Casa Del Mar Beachfront Suites(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$ 212
US$ 207
US$ 165
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$ 286
Travelocity
US$ 131
HIExpress.com
Quality Inn & Suites Beachfront(Galveston)(Great Value!)
US$ 158
Priceline
All reviewscinnamon rollsroom was cleanshort walk to the beachyogurtmini fridgesea walloff seasonfree breakfastseawallhairdryerchannelsratesconsproscouchwalmart
Reviewed 30 January 2012

This motel was clean and served its purpose. We went to Galveston to get away for the weekend and didn't want to waste lots of money on a room when we were going to be there very much. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. We booked a room with one king bed through Priceline and when we checked in they didn't have any available. They gave us a larger room with two king size beds at the same rate. Can't really say anything bad about the place and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank perse534
Reviewed 27 January 2012

I had some trepidation about staying here since I didn't check the reviews till after I booked. I was pleasantly suprised. My room was perfectly clean every day and there were definitely no roaches in sight. The staff were always courteous and professional. The beds were comfortable and the room was quiet (yes it was winter time, would be a different scene summer). I had been on a long haul flight so I appreciated the black out curtains that helped make sure I slept well. Free wi-fi and breakfast and a room rate of $40/night means I really can't complain. Most people at the event I attended were paying $180/night to stay elsewhere - I would not have been any happier staying in those rooms!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank RozKiwi
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I will never return to any Super 8 motels again.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I stayed here for a week in room 222 (smoking room). My friend in 215 (nonsmoking).

Room 222 is roomy with a separate area with a couch. Room 215 had table and chairs.

The bed is very firm (no bed bugs) and the 3 pillows range from hard to soft. There is a hair dryer, coffee maker, alarm clock, microwave, fridge and the air conditioner worked great.

PROS: The room was very quiet, couldn’t hear the neighbors or much outside noise.

Shower was hot and had different shower head settings.

Fighting (drunk) neighbors were responded to quickly by hotel and police. (I'm not complaning - turned out to interesting Saturday night and the cop was cute as hell)

Other guests were friendly and helpful. Some staff (Latoya) were nice - no hassle about wanting more towels.

Lots of power plugs and storage space. Tiled entry made for less track in of sand. Black out curtains worked well if tucked up on to window sill (blown by air conditioner if not tucked).

Deadbolt and security bar on door.

Beach is a three minute walk away. (From hotel to beach)

CONS: There is NO ocean view.

The shower wall had not been cleaned in a while - shaving cream from previous guest(s) was still there. Did get black feet after walking on carpet. Mirror was really streaky. Lighting in bathroom pretty dim. (Rest of the room seemed clean - counter tops, coffee maker, microwave, fridge, tables, bed smelled good)

Counted 4 roaches during my stay - though to be fair - I saw just as many during my stay at the Hilton 2 weeks before hand.

There was only one washer, dryer and ice machine (take your bucket and fill upon your return in the evenings) all on the first floor, in the back. (Which can be a pain if you're in the front part of the hotel)

MISC: The pool is small, but nice enough to lounge in - the security light is really irritating though - blinks on and off, blinding you when you least expect it. There wasn't a fitness area.

The WIFI worked well enough - though I don't think it would be good enough for anyone needing high speed. The phone didn't work in my room - I think you have to pay $10 fee for it to be turned on?

Snack and coke machine had fresh stock. There is soap, shampoo and condtioner supplied in room. They sell little boxes of laundry soap and fabric softener in lobby for $1.25 each. Washer and dryer is $1.50 each - the dryer works well and runs for like an hour, got a thick beach towel dry in about 20 minutes?

You have to swing around in a parking lot down the street to get back to the hotel (no U turns allowed on this street) - though this isn’t Super 8's fault, but the city. Careful pulling out into traffic on 61st St. - there is a big palm tree blocking the view. (I used the Baymont Inn's parking lot more often because of this)

Many restaurants (Waffle House, Chinese Buffet, McDonalds, Golden Corral (Wendy is the best waitress) and stores (Walmart, Gift shops, pharmacies) very close by. Surfboard rental down about 2 blocks or so.

Certain beaches are $8 - though off season this seems to only apply on weekends. Monday - Friday I didn't pay anything. (No signs mention this - couldn't see any body to take money, so I just drove onto the beach waiting for some beach police to come collecting). Pay meters on the Strand - would have been nice to know. Constantly felt like I was breaking the law, not knowing when fees did and didn't apply.

And everything is expensive - Galveston will nickle and dime you to death. What normally costs $1 at home will cost you $3 there.

Room Tip: The hotel is behind the Waffle House making it difficult to see from the road. Top floor rooms seem to get a better breeze. There is NO elevator. More parking in back than in front.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 September 2011

This Hotel was an unexspected stay because Holidau Inn Express was booked up. We tried to make the best of it. Rooms were dirty and the Hotel clerk was less than personable. Though close to the beach, it was a total washout. I can handle old and outdated decor...but lack of cleanliness and friendlyness is unexceptable, We had to switch hotels to Quality Inn across the street that was totally friendly clean and updated like the Holiday Inn Express on 86th and Seawall.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family