Review Highlights
History tour

Found this very interesting. We visited the top floor of the museum first which housed a history of... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Dawn W
via mobile
We visit Elissa every time we are in Galveston.

Walk on board of the Elissa and step back in time! This beautiful old ship is one of 3 of the... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
LEMMAR1968
Coweta, Oklahoma

All reviews seaport museum below deck harbor tour sleeping quarters piece of history audio tour small museum gift shop step back in time interesting history walk around great tour self guided volunteers sails skiing sailors
Reviewed 22 March 2018

I saw the ELISSA over Labor Day Weekend when it was free, and even then it wasn't anything special. You can tour the boat on your own but it doesn't take very long to get through the entire ship. I definitely wouldn't pay for it.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This was one of the most interesting sights we paid to see during our vacation. It's an old, renovated sailing vessel attached to a seaport museum. If you like sailing, boats, or even just old things - you need to make this hour-long visit a stop and see on your trip.

You can go down inside of the boat and see the crew quarters and the captain's cabin as well, it was all very fascinating.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

I'm a sucker for tall ships and the ELISSA is a beautiful old lady, wouldn't have left Galveston without seeing her.

Reviewed 17 March 2018

The smell of freshly varnished wood on sunny day in Galveston's harbor, the 1877 Tall Ship Elissa stands proudly mast held high. Below deck, living quarters and operations for the crew. Occasionally the Texas star is painted on a pulley or the name Elissa burned into the varnish.

The wheel at the helm is a beautiful item itself. We enjoyed the officer's quarters

Reviewed 15 March 2018

This is a boat. As the name states, it's a tall boat. In more detail: it's a refurbished tall boat that once traveled with goods to Galveston back when it was a bustling port town. I'm not sure how it compares to other boats. I can't really call myself a boat enthusiast. I will say it was kind of cool to see and walk around on. It's definitely something to do that is possibly better than doing absolutely nothing. But I'm not sure that you'll leave Galveston and remember your trip and say things like "Gee, the highlight of my trip was when I walked around for a few minutes on that really tall old boat."

2  Thank Dennis_gt