All reviewslarge condonice clean poolfull kitchenperfect locationacross the streetboth bedroomsbit datedgreat condogalveston seawallbeds were comfortableevery morningsea wallwould stay here againgulfblvdpropertyupgrades
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

We stayed here through my RCI membership and had a fantastic holiday, so good we booked to return in 2018 as soon as we got back to the UK. Excellent location, excellent staff, large condo with nice large rooms. I see people complaining about the dated interior, fixtures and fittings but all worked and were comfortable and we slept well even with the road noise from Seawall Blvd (every vacation unit not just FSOTG with direct sea views will be on the Blvd so expect some noise ) It was quiet when we were there so often had the pool and pool area to ourselves, used the BBQ to grill us a large steak but there are literally 100's of restaurants close by catering for all tastes. My wife and I travel quite a lot and make the most of our vacations while others just seem to grizzle and groan about anything and everything, if looking out on to the beach and Gulf of Mexico every morning watching the local Pelicans diving for fish is not Utopia then I don't know what is.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank markiemoo
Reviewed 20 February 2018

These units all provide two bedrooms and tow and a half bathrooms. They offer lots of towels and extra sheets, and you are welcome to stop by the office for additional soda or shampoos etc. if you stay 7 days you can go swap you linens out too as there is no maid service.
However, cleanliness seemed a bit off. The dishwasher had rusted out shelves, that just looked scary, but it cleaned fine.kitchen floor needed washing when I arrived but it is simple fixes.
Be ready for daily noise of Seawall Bl but you A.R. right on the ocean once you cross the street. Watch and hear the waves 24/7 :)
I have decided that I like staying further out on the island more way down close into The beach area of Galveston.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank lindaandz
Reviewed 15 February 2018

First the bad: Very old, dated furnishings. I dubbed the decor 1960s dorm room. There are stains in the carpet. There are mismatched drawer handles, crooked fixtures, crooked cabinet doors, chipped paint, rust and old small appliances. The knives haven't been sharpened since they were bought. Mismatched pots and pans, some are rusty. No coffee filters-I had to use paper towels. 3 can openers and no pasta utensil. There is an egg beater, which went out of style years ago. No place mats, 4 mugs and 2 dinner forks. 2 soup spoons. No serving bowls other than salad bowl. No real mixing bowls either.
VERY noisy. Bring earplugs. The light from the street makes the bedrooms not even dark, so if you like a dark room to sleep, you may want to cover the windows with something. Only 1 TV downstairs. At least it is modern. Wifi is okay. It cuts out a lot.
Good: Despite the dated decor, the unit was mostly clean. The vent near the heater/AC needs serious cleaning. The location is terrific, which makes up for the dated furniture. Staff at check in was friendly.

If you overlook the dated decor, this isn't a bad place to stay due to its location.

Room Tip: There aren't good rooms. Bring earplugs due to traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 February 2018

Since our last visit, they have painted the outside and installed new, very low quality, flooring. The noise is still TERRIBLE. The weather stripping around the doors is worn and missing in place. Also, the doors do not close tightly. The furniture is very dated but okay.

Room Tip: All units are the same, with the TERRIBLE noise.
  • Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Salvi B, General Manager at Four Seasons on the Gulf, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are just now finally completing the exterior renovations of the property, and we plan to begin in late 2018 for all the interior renovations. At that time, many of the concerns you have would be address - but due to our high demand and occupancy throughout the year, this will take some time to complete all 20 condos. I hope I have set the proper expectation should you return and do not see anything yet changed, as it will be done in stages. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

The location was really good but the unit was in bad condition. Worn and very uncomfortable sofa and chairs, very old worn carpet. Fixtures and shower rods had a lot of rust. Doors had rotted areas and leaked. Due to old and drafty doors and windows there was a lot of road noise. Could be much better if updated and maintained...

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple