1,726 results
All reviews palm beach festival of lights north tower rainforest pyramid indoor lap pool kids activities breakfast buffet swim up bar hotel restaurant valet parking hotel stay hot tub great weekend off season family vacation spring break short drive
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here before a cruise on 10 September. The pool is great and the restaurants have good food. There was a little bus which took us to the historic pier in the evening, and was free. The only downside to the location of the hotel is that it's not where all the action is along seawall blvd but the bus takes you there free of charge plus there are cabs. It was coming up to the end of the season and the surrounding attractions were closed. Staff very helpful too. The reason we picked this hotel was because it said on Expedia that they had a cruise shuttle.....alert, this is only for those who keep their cars at the hotel. We had a rental which we had to return to Houston Airport as there's no drop offs in Galveston....weird....and our cruise wasn't returning to Galveston. Got a cab which was fine but they need to be a bit more adaptable with the cruise drop offs.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
MoodyGardensHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Love-Norn-Iron,

Thank you for visiting Moody Gardens Hotel and for sharing your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your complimentary feedback about your stay. Thank you for your comments about the cruise shuttle service, I have forwarded them to our General Manager for review. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The convention center staff was amazing. About 8 guys including John and Craig came out with dollies to help me unload our van. Anytime I needed anything, they were right there. Deena was awesome and knowledgeable. Having her office near the permanent registration allowed her to be accessible; the copy machine became my best friend. We moved our 900-person reception from the Moody Ballroom to the Expo Hall with about two hours to spare and the staff did an amazing job having our reception ready at 6pm. Having all my meetings under one roof makes me happy and I'm able to jump back and forth from room to room if needed. The hotel rooms were stunning; I received nothing but raving reviews from our attendees and speakers. Nyoka was great accommodating our guest room request changes. Jaime and Patty are a great team and we had a successful conference. I look forward to coming back in 2021!

Room Tip: Put your walking shoes on; the convention center (and the hotel itself) has a lot of ground to cover.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
MoodyGardensHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Latoya S,

Thank you for holding your event at Moody Gardens Hotel, Spa and Convention Center and for sharing your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your complimentary feedback on our service, quality and guestrooms. We look forward to welcoming you back in 2021.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Hotel and grounds are beautiful and self-parking is free. Check in is easy and anything purchased can be charged to your room for easy convenience. The hotel can be confusing depending on what elevator you use and where you come out at, as I was not given a map when I checked in. I have mixed reviews for this hotel for the price paid.

PROS: Again beautiful grounds! Best part of the hotel are the rain forest and aquarium attractions. Do they do cost extra? Yes, and I was worried the price was too high but the attractions are worth it! The rain forest trail is amazing with sounds, animals, educational signage along the way and birds that roam freely. The aquarium is amazing as well and includes a place where everyone can touch the stingrays that swim by. There is also another touch pool with starfish. You can watch and see sea life pretty much all around you as you walk around. Ended our walk through at the jellyfish touch pool as well.

Hotel grounds include a pool, lap pool and a play area that included a bouncy house, giant chess, checkers, corn hole and Jenga games.

Food at the Café in the Park is good and the color scheme makes for a happy atmosphere. Ate for lunch and breakfast buffet. Hotel rooms are clean and have enough room for a family of four. As you walk towards the convention center, you can view turtles and animals along the way. They have also included a Vietnam military honor section as well.

CONS: Although the grounds are beautiful, my little bear cubs could not play on the playground, as it was a mosquito nesting ground. We were engulfed by them, and ran to the nearest hotel entry door just to get way. Unfortunately, we did not get away without many bites. As you walk around the grounds you don’t notice them but once you stand still, the itching begins!

Although the food at the Café in the Park tasted good, the menu did not change between lunch and dinner other than the buffet selection, which has a serving time limit. I attempted to eat at the Garden Restaurant and was informed it was only open for lunch not dinner. Adult dining only and lobby bar are not options with families and food, including drinks are expensive!

There is no package pricing for attending any of the attractions, which would be nice. No military or other discounts, including if you are staying at the hotel are available. The hotel and attractions are beautiful, but being kid-friendly is missing the mark just a tad, more so with the hotel.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay but improvements can be made to make it more kid-friendly especially when it comes to dining options. I stayed at the hotel due to attending a sports tournament held in the convention center. Would I stay here again? Maybe, but I would seek other options before reserving again

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family

Dear druidpup,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at Moody Gardens. We are glad that you enjoyed the Moody Gardens Attractions and the amenities we offer.

We appreciate hearing your constructive comments with regard to your experience. We do offer hotel packages that include attraction passes, as well as Military, AAA, AARP discounts. We sincerely apologize for the issues you experienced, and I will be sure to share this feedback internally with our team.

I did note your feedback about mosquitoes. Please know that no property in Galveston invests more in making sure we deliver a pest free environment. Unfortunately, due to our proximity to the water, there are EPA guidelines preventing us from fogging around the property. That being said, we are looking for environment friendly, EPA approved alternatives.

We know that you have many choices when deciding where to stay when you come to Galveston Island. Thank you for choosing Moody Gardens and we hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Great hotel and a nice price! Stayed before a cruise. Very handy location and nice grounds. Lots to do. Nice pool. Friendly service. Parking was good. Didn't have use the restaurant but it looked nice.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear lovebroyles,

Thank you for visiting Moody Gardens and for sharing your great review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad to hear that you found our location handy and we truly appreciate your gracious comments on our grounds and staff.

We hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future!

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Stayed here four nights for a meeting. Weather was lousy, so didn't get out to explore much, but the grounds are vast and there are plenty of things to keep kids/significant other occupied nearby. Rooms were spacious and staff went out of their way to be accommodating. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Dear GSMIII,

Thank you for visiting Moody Gardens Hotel, Spa and Convention Center and for sharing your review. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay. We truly appreciate your kind comments about our service and staff and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards,