“Lovely Hotel - HORRIBLE Service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Frisco
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Lovely Hotel - HORRIBLE Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2012

I booked the room many weeks in advance for a special 2011-2012 New Year's Eve celebration. Check-in time was 3pm but the room was not ready until nearly 6pm. I was assured each time we approached the check-in desk that it would be ready very soon. A nice Housekeeping Manager came to our room almost immediately after we got in, apologized profusely and offered to bring water and fruit but he never returned with it. I picked up the in-room phone to order from the late-night breakfast menu but the phone was out of order so I ordered from my cell phone. When I attempted to check on my order almost an hour later, an automated message informed me that the kitchen was not taking calls. I phoned the desk and was rather rudely informed that there had been many orders. My order never arrived. I phoned the desk early the next morning and Morgan informed me that breakfast was from 7:30am-10:00am and that I didn't need to take anything in the way of documentation with me to get it. We had to sit in a quite cold atrium and wait for the restaurant to open at 8:30am and tickets were required. I ordered an omelet which was passable, but for the mushrooms which I did NOT want. They indicated at check-out that they would refund me $45 for the inconveniences. This might be a great place to stay if there's no large event going on but they failed miserably at handling a sizable crowd.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
owner1156, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa, responded to this review, 29 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. We take your comments very seriously and we use your feedback to continue to improve our 4-Diamond Service. It is clear that on New Years you did not experience the quality service that we customarily provide.

While it is true we hosted a large New Years celebration during your stay, we host many large groups in our convention center and we are well equipped to service these events in our hotel. We obviously missed the boat with you and the responses you received from our staff clearly do not meet our standards. We will insure that these issues are rectified and our staff is trained to handle EVERY situation in a professional and service-oriented manner, regardless of the event or time of day. We understand the unique challenges that New Years Eve presents, especially for our guests such as you who did not participate in the large celebration. Your experience is very important to us and I apologize that we did not make it a special one.

Thank you again for your response and for allowing me to use your experience to improve our service.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

Positives:
Hotel was very clean and the food was very good. Pool was nice. Starbucks in the lobby is an added bonus! Manager's reception was a nice way to welcome us. Centrally located for the area. Right across the street to the mall which is walking distance. The conference center area was very nice as well. Dr. Pepper Arena was in walking distance for our event.

Negatives: Having to pay to park in the garage if you weren't lucky enough to find an open space outside and use paying to use the internet which didn't always get the best signal. Pool chemical and chlorine smell was extremely strong and burned my throat.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Grapevine, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

The layout is the typical for the chain. But the decor is clearly above the average. I particularly liked the tile work.
It is adjacent to the stadium for the minor league baseball team. That's another well designed facility and the games are lots of fun.
It is across the street from one of the best malls in the DFW area.
Pizza Hut soccer stadium and complex is just a few miles up the road.
Conference center was nice and well managed. There were 3 events going on and we never felt crowded, or lacked for any attention.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2012

The suites and conference center in Frisco is nice for a midsized company to have their yearly meeting or to do a midlevel tradeshow or industry conference. I attended recently and was happy with the rooms, services, cleanliness, and distance to sessions in exhibiting halls. Easy to find your way around and plenty of space to post up and get some work done. I don’t think there was wireless in the conference area or maybe it just cost money so I did not use it. For my needs, a free wireless connection is a key to doing good business. I am on the Marriott plan but staying at this Hilton family venue was not too bad at all. I’d encourage my company to rebook next year.

Room Tip: Higher up might be less noise? I stayed on the 6th floor and it was nice, during the week.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

After the hustle and bustle of a wonderful Christmas with our large family my husband and I craved a little relaxation for his 56th birthday. Although we arrived amidst a lot of Cotton Bowl fans, when we closed the door to our suite the noise faded away. The decor was in cayenne red, gold and a splash of leopard print--the cutest of anywhere I've stayed in the Dallas area.
We ordered room service and found the sandwiches to be good, if not a bit pricey, and the service was impeccable. if you plan on sleeping in, do not stay on the side where the windows face the back of hotel. Noise begins around 7a.m. And the view is not very pleasant. The room was very comfortable and spacious.

Room Tip: Ask about the specials and ask if the room's windows face the front for a better view and sleepi...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Frisco
0.8 km away
Aloft Frisco
#13 of 14 in Frisco
1.1 km away
Staybridge Suites Plano Frisco

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

Additional Information about Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa

Property: Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa
Address: 7600 John Q Hammons Dr, Frisco, TX 75034-1916
Region: United States > Texas > Frisco
Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#3 Business Hotel in Frisco
#3 Romantic Hotel in Frisco
#5 Family Hotel in Frisco
Price range (per night): ₹ 10,784 - ₹ 20,523
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa 3.5*
The beautiful Embassy Suites Frisco Convention Center and Spa is located in the heart of Frisco. Frisco is the most booming place in the USA! So much is happening here! We are a four diamond, four star Embassy Suites! We boast over three hundred and thirty wonderfully appointed suites. We have that special four diamond, four star service that will exceed all of your expectations. The Embassy Frisco features a full service SPA BOTANICA which has everything from pedicures to body massages. The perfect place to relax from a meeting or sneak away for a romantic weekend.Talk about meeting space; we got you covered! The Embassy Frisco has a full convention center with over 90,000 square feet of flexible space that can accommodate up to two thousand! Whether you are coming in for that special meeting or family reunion- we do it all! Don't forget weddings! We have a special coordinator to assist your every need.The Embassy Frisco is close to everything to do! We are steps away from Dr Pepper Arena. We have views that overlook the Roughriders stadium. Close to many restaurants and shopping shopping shopping! Right across the street from Stonebrier mall and all they have to offer! So come on over to Frisco Embassy Convention Center and Spa- we will exceed all your expectations. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel Convention Center & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embassy Suites Dallas Frisco Hotel Frisco