“Not what you expect”

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Crosby, Texas
“Not what you expect”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2012

We recently ended up in Fredericksburg, after a wonderful day of looking at the Bluebonnets. After trying 3 other hotels we were referred to this place by the clerk at the Hampton Inn. We checked in and were placed in the family room, the room was ok, larger than most and could very easily sleep 6 to 8 people. The room upon entering was hotter than heck, (it would have been too bad if we had just wanted to go to our room and relax, because we had to leave to let it cool down ) with very poor lighting. The beds were hard as rock and the matteress were very thin. The bathroom ceiling tiles had mold and the entire room was very out dated. It took nearly 2 hours for the room to cool down. The parking lot was very hard to get around in due to the way the parking spots were marked. The breakfast was fair, the Kolaches were the best (they were fresh), the breakfast area is way to small too many chairs and tables crammed into a small area.

Room Tip: don't stay here unless you have no other option. And then it would help if you brought your air...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

This place was our last resort because all other places were booked. The parking is extremely limited. We had to park on the other side of the hotel due to inefficient parking spots. The water that came out of the sink was filled with dirt. After running the water awhile, there was still pepper like flakes. Someone walked completely into the room while my spouse and I were in bed. This was the worst motel I've ever stayed in.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Bigjones3234
Texas, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2012

I don't often post reviews and when I do it's because of something special. In this case, the "special" was cockroaches. When we first entered the room I witnessed a cockroach scurrying across the sitting/living room area. Having lived in Texas for some time I didn't consider this a showstopeer. However, when I turned on the bathroom lights and found 2 HUGE cockroaches I felt that perhaps I had chosen the wrong hotel. When I reported this to the front desk the staff suggested that perhaps I had brought the bugs in with my luggage. It doesn't get better. I also found a dried coffee filter (with dried grounds) under the kitchenette sink - and I don't drink coffee. The room was generally unkempt and dated. This coupled with the poor attitude of the front desk staff leads me to NOT recommend this hotel to my fellow travellers.

Room Tip: Choose a different hotel unless you want cockroaches and garbage from the previous night's occup...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Sandy1Texas_USA
keller
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

My wife and I recently had a two night stay at this disguesting facility.

The room came with two double beds. The first evening we decided to sleep togeather in
the same bed.

The second evening my wife having sinus problems decided to sleep seperately in the other bed.

When she pulled down the bed spread, blanket and top sheet the matress sheet revealled a blood stained matress sheet (See Attached Photo).

For obvious reasons we sleep togeather in the bed we slept in the first evening.

Upon check out the next morning we explained the situation to the clerk and showed him the photo. He was very apologetic. We asked to be refunded for one night stay of whitch we were informed that due to the fact we booked throgh Expidia tha it would take approximately two weeks to recieve a refunde via the mail.

Refund never came. I called and ask to speak to the manager. Shannon, the manager informed me that she would need to speak to the owner and she would return my call, the call never came.

I called back and Shannon infomed me that the owner wanted me to speak to someone. The next thing I know I am back speaking to the same clerk that checked us out.

He declined ever telling us that we would be refuned, I demanded to speak to Shannon the manager.

I informed her that I was puzzled as to why I am back speaking to a clerk. I got Expidia involved and the Sunday House refuses to refund us.

Bottom line; I would stay in my car before I would ever again stay in this poorly managed and unkept facility.

Shawn Keefe
Keller, TX
[--]

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank shawn k k
LEAWOOD
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

This lodging is vastly overated. The room was dated, the shower contained mold, the kleenex container fell off the wall, and the bathroom faucets were worn. Don't be fooled by the photos on the website. It's just another motel with average rooms at best. The place needs a major renovation. The continental breakfast, however, was OK and the front office staff were friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends