“Don't be fooled!”

Windcrest Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed 29 March 2017

We have stayed in Fredericksburg many times before for planned stays but have never stayed here before. We decided to do an impromptu trip and our regular motel was booked so we called around to find another room. This was my husband's third attempt to find a room so he took it. Hey, maybe it was somehow worth the $150. price tag....NOT! We travel a lot and this is a $60. room at the most. Old bedding...Cheap everything! The only positive thing was it didn't smell. Will not make this mistake again! This is definitely price gouging since their weekday rates are $69 If we are stuck again for a room we will go to Kerrville.

Room Tip: Low budget motel except on Fri. and Sat. nights. Same motel...sky high prices!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OldSpiceGirl
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 12 February 2017 via mobile

A new facade was built on the end of an old motel for curb appeal and marketing photos. Make no mistake, this is just a dirty old Motel 6 kind of place.

Our in room coffee pot had a science experiment growing in it (see pic). Stained bedding. Loud slamming doors. The old AC was so loud we couldn't sleep with it on. Overall this is a dirty and grimy place.

I'll never stay here again. I'd sleep in my vehicle before paying $20 for a night here.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank TheRoss1
Reviewed 4 October 2016

This is an older hotel. It was $179 a night, which I thought was expensive for what it was. We were late in making a reservation and since it was Octoberfest weekend, there were not a lot of rooms left in Fredericksburg. There were some stains on the bedding and the pool had no water. It is not a place I would select in the future.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jamie L
Reviewed 3 October 2016

This is an older hotel so you miss some of the little things like not enough electrical outlets for all your devices. The room was nice and had all the usual amenities but I had to give it a lower score because it wasn't up to pare on cleanliness. Not dirty by any means but when you start finding hairs in the sink and bathtub you have to wonder just how good a job the cleaning staff did over all.

It is just a little too far a walk to Main Street and your side of the busy street doesn't have sidewalks.

All in all it was a nice stay.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank travalingjack
Reviewed 1 October 2016

I just couldn't get out of my truck to even enter the lobby to get a room. I preferred to sleep in my truck, which I opted to do. There was no way I would pay for a room in this place. If they do not care about what the outside looks like, I can only imagine how bad the rooms were.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else. Sleep in your vehicle if you have to. Whatever they charge for this place, is n...
Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo