See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 21 July 2017 via mobile

Management was nice. The room was comfortable and quiet. It was a lovely stay. It is such a clean room, and it is a perfect location (right on Main St.) and close to everything. I was happy with everything. Great price, clean rooms, and excellent location.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 February 2017

Went to Fredricksburg to celebrate a birthday. The staff was friendly. Room was clean and bed comfortable for a good price. The place is very old and that is what makes it charming. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Linda M
Ange W, Manager at Frederick Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2017

Dear Linda M,
We are appreciative for your lovely review!
We have been working hard to update our rooms to ensure customer satisfaction! We have replaced 3/4s of the Motel with orthopedic beds! Just a few more to go! We are working diligently on that! Thank you for noticing that! Yes we are older however clean. Thank you for noticing that as well!!
So glad that you enjoyed your accommodations here with us at the Frederick Motel! Hope to see you soon!!!
Angela Walston

Reviewed 17 December 2016 via mobile

My name is andrew.i give the frederick motel a 5 star rating because me and my family love the service we get.they are always happy and friendly every time we come here and we come here every few months or as much as we can and always say at the frederick motel.we love this place.i wouldnt stay anywhere esle but there.we ah e been comein here for over 8 years and we will continue to come here.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew S
Ange W, Manager at Frederick Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2016

Thank you so much for your review! Its good to see that people appreciate our Mom and Pop business. We are American owned and operated. We appreciate customers that understand that we are the last of a small run business! Its people like you that keeps us running!! We are not a chain. We have charm as well as a boutique. We make sure that our customers have full service as well as clean soft comforters. We spend a lot of money on cleanliness. We make sure that you are snuggly clean and appreciated!! All though we are old but yet updated. New Flats screens and new beds, free in room coffee, free Wi-Fi, refrigerators, microwaves. Thank you for your review!! Angela Walston General Manager

Reviewed 6 December 2016

This place was terrible in every way. The management was rude, unprofessional and really didn't care - our room was a two bed room and was too small for two beds. The electrical was awful and too many things were plugged into one place. We had a floor heater which didn't work (it was a cold, rainy night in Fredricksburg), the rooms have no phones so you can't call the front desk for any assistance/help. The bathroom was a joke, it was so small you cold hardly move. The shower ceiling did not connect to the shower walls, there was space between the two, the shower floor was all peeling and if you used the shower mat, it covered the drain so the water couldn't drain as you showered. I feel, as did my husband, that this motel is NOT up to code in any way and would never recommend anyone staying there. The door to our room had the outside lights coming through it because the door did not seal tight against the frame. Never again.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this motel in any way
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Marian R
Ange W, Manager at Frederick Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

I guess you and your daughter are playing tag your it. This is the mother of the earlier review. Thank you Have a happy Holiday Season.

Reviewed 5 December 2016

My family and I reserved two rooms for one night to stay over for the Fedricksburg X'mas parade. When the reservation was booked in advance, we were told we had two rooms reserved for $79 each for the one night stay. Without going into too much detail, there was some confusion about the reservation and although my husband and I were allowed to check in early (which we appreciated) the way I was spoken to by the owner when I went to the office later to question why there were two different prices charged on the two rooms we had reserved once my parents had checked in and paid was unacceptable.

I was told by the owner/person managing the office that "my mother was extremely upset with me because my husband and I had checked into their room early" and that because of that the owner/manager felt she "had to give my parents a discount on their room" (which we never asked for nor expected). I am a 40 year old woman and to be scolded by this woman and told repeatedly how "upset and mad" my own mother was at me was out of line, completely false, unprofessional, and completely unacceptable.

My mother confirmed that she was not upset at all (more confused at what the owner told her about the rooms when she went to check in). Had it not been pouring down rain and late in the afternoon, we would have demanded our money back and found another place to stay.

The rooms we stayed in only had very small space heaters, the wifi was sporadic and did not work the majority of the time we were there, the showers are tiny and the finish on the shower basin flakes off on your feet, the insulation between rooms was non-existent as we could hear everything from the room next door... I could go on. The room was fairly clean but very, very dated and not worth the $79/night in my opinion (even had the service been anything but terrible).

Save your money and your time and do not stay at this motel if you visit Fredricksburg.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Heather M
Ange W, Manager at Frederick Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2016

Your reservation was for one room one bed for 69.95 plus tax which comes to 79.04. Your parents room with two beds was 79.95 plus tax which came to 90.34.
You came to the office at 11:00 to check in. I told you that your room was not ready.
However ,your parents room was ready they could check in. You said just lets us check in to our parents room they are not here yet and they wouldn't mind if you let us wait in their room.
I believed you and let you go to their room.
You came back to the office wanting to argue about pricing when you found out that I gave your parents a discount.
I told you that your mother was upset that I let you check in to their room. So I gave her a discount. You asked why they got the discount so I told you why. That wasn't unprofessional!
I should have told you no you will have to wait for your room. That was my unprofessionalism by letting you tell me that your mother wouldn't mind and me letting you check in!
As far as being dated you had a new flat screen television and a new Queen size orthopedic bed! Yes our showers are old we are working on updating those! However, we have the best prices in town for a weekend. Thank you and have a great Holiday Season!