All reviews room was clean the breakfast area waffles blueberries would stay here again cookies walls are paper thin free breakfast in town nice stay decent breakfast main street bathroom sink first floor refrigerator and microwave fresh fruit memorial day weekend
Reviewed 5 October 2017

When we arrived, we were uncertain what we had let ourselves in for, but the room was fine, there was a free bottle of wine in the fridge (although from Spain and not the wine-producing Fredericksburg area!) and the bed was comfortable.

It's true the place is a little dated, but you get what you pay for, and we had no complaints. It's also true that it's slightly too far from the center of the town to walk - especially in 90+ degree heat. However, it's only a minute in the car.

Breakfast was fine, as were the staff.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

The excellent staff makes up for other issues. Very noisy rooms. Tired facilities need an update. Great air conditioner. Ample parking. A long distance to Main Street. Breakfast is acceptable. Overall I would think twice before returning.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2017

I don't mind a little outdated; however filthy is another thing.
The elevator nastiness, hotel lobby, an employee putting bottled water in a cooler outside for the patrons is nice, but it was the same dead fly, cigarette butt infested water from the day before with no ice. The bottled water was in it's wal-mart wrapping sitting outside of the door. Have you looked over by the desk and to the right, the paperwork and junk piled up is unreal. Our AC was also not working well, but the front desk person said - 'what room are you in? ' oh, that is right, I knew you were staying 2 nights so I put you in the best a/c unit we have'. Nasty elevator that hasn't been vacuumed in months or wiped down on doors with gooey nasty, hair on the bathroom floor in the corner by the tub. And you want to get in the hot tub?

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 August 2017

Because we checked very late, we got what may have been the last room available, which was a handicapped room. I have never liked those rooms in any hotel. The nice thing was it was on the first floor, as with others at other hotels, the shower water runs all over the bathroom floor and there is little counter space in the bathroom. Otherwise the room was very nice. It was clean and comfortable, and had a desk and comfortable desk chair. There were no other chairs. There was a refrigerator and microwave and flat screen TV. The breakfast had fresh fruit, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, ham, yogurt, pastries, waffles and various juices. Cookies are available in the lobby. I was there on business, and expect I will need to return, my dates could change. I would have booked a room here again, but they advertise their prices as non-refundable. So I will have to stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Get there early so you don't get the handicapped room, unless you need one.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 August 2017

We booked this hotel because none of our regular spots had availability. It is in desperate need of renovation. While it was livable for the one night we stayed, I don't plan to stay again. The check-in process was awkward and took a long time. The bathroom was okay and the bed was comfortable enough, but the room smelled a bit musty. The 'Poor' rating is mainly the result of a nasty upholstered chair in the corner of the room that was so dirty, I would have expected to see it on the sidewalk for trash pick-up, not in a hotel room.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family