“Not bad little place”

Panda Chinese Restaurant & Sushi Bar
Ranked #51 of 150 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese
Reviewed 18 January 2017

Two Chinese restaurants in town and I went to the one that has a name similar to one that might be a chain that is in shopping malls around the US. This restaurant is not a chain and like many Chinese restaurants outside of any major hub of Asian immigrants, it's a mix of Chinese food plus sushi. I didn't bother with the sushi or the Japanese side of the menu. Menu is standard Americanized style of Chinese cuisine, mostly Cantonese with a couple of Szechuan or faux Szechuan spicy dishes like General Tso's Chicken. With a dinner item, for an extra $2.50, you can get soup, an egg roll and some crab rangoon. I opted for the Beef and Broccoli with white rice (option of fried rice, I believe at no extra cost), the egg drop soup, and two egg rolls as I didn't want the crab rangoon. Food was hot, service was good. There was a lot of beef in the dish. Overall, very good.

Reviewed 12 January 2017

My husband and I visited Fredericksburg for the first time in November. We had an amazing time. Prior to going I had done plenty of research on places to eat at while visiting. We ate here our first day and was so impressed the quality and freshness of the food as well as the service. We came back a second time for dinner to take back to our bed and breakfast. I would definitely recommend this restaurant, can't wait to return.

Reviewed 10 January 2017

Nothing super-special about this restaurant, but they did have vodka, which was really important at the time - after a bunch of Texas wine.

1  Thank Robert K
Reviewed 18 December 2016 via mobile

Really friendly staff and the food tasted really good at very reasonable prices. Good selection of Chinese and sushi options, kept all of us happy.

1  Thank Paula K
Reviewed 26 October 2016

Hard to give other than a five star to a clean attractive restaurant offering fresh tasty food at under $9 at lunch. I hadn't found one of my Chinese favorites, Happy Family, in quite awhile, and it was a real treat - lots of chicken, beef, shrimp, and scallops. My wife's seafood lunch special was equally satisfying for her. Vegetables were plenty, the white rice was soft and ample, and the server was friendly and very effecient. Parking was a little tight, even at 1 pm. It looked like Panda Chinese Restaurant has a very strong local following (we went mid-week on a Thursday). The lunch special extras were no less appetizing. My egg drop soup was delicious and my spring roll was fresh and tasty with my sweet and sour sauce. The decor inside was exceptionally clean and new looking with soft muted lighting. Very pleasant. All in all, a very easy 5 - worth returning to on another trip to Fredericksburg.

1  Thank Adan_Lerma
Andrew P, Owner at Panda Chinese Restaurant & Sushi Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2016

we love living up to your expections! I hope you come back and see us whenever you're back in town. Take care!