All reviews the entire property casserole nimitz museum main street within walking distance enjoyed our stay downtown fredericksburg suite jeff antiques
Reviewed 25 November 2015 via mobile

We very satisfied with our stay but there are few things we'd like to point out.

We stayed at Emily's suite and were informed that we had to park away and not under the carport. The guest staying in Clara's suite had our car blocked several times because they parked under carport. We called office to notify and ask the guests to move. In which the guests never moved their car. This was very frustrating and not fair to us.

The suites would be much easier to find if they were clearly labeled. This was our first time staying here. We had no idea there was basically two suites in the same house. And that you have to go through back door to enter our suite. A sign would be helpful.

Also, because you are basically sharing a "house" divided up, with beautiful old hardwoods, it can be quite noisy. We have two small children that we were constantly having to encourage not to be loud as to not disrupt the other guests. Although this was not very fun for us as young parents, we are very thankful for a place that allows our children to stay with us.

We enjoyed being so close to downtown and being able to walk to shops and restaurants! And the suite is absolutely full of charm. Even though these suggestions are minor with the intent to only be helpful to potential guests; we enjoyed our stay and are looking forward to coming back!

The Carlisle Family

Stayed: November 2015
Reviewed 17 February 2015

We rented this house for a friends getaway to the hill country and this house was marvelous. All the rooms were huge with very comfortable beds. It is located right on main street, so we walked to all the great shopping and dining in downtown Fredericksburg. House has a lot of history and we got to chat with the owner/caretaker, which provided a great background/history of the house.
We enjoyed sitting on the back patio area and enjoying beautiful February weather. All in all a great experience, I would recommend to all!!!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends
2  Thank Michael H
Jeff L, Manager at Keidel Inn & Gasthaus, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2015

Thanks Michael for your business & review! We're glad your group had a fun time. Come back and see us again soon. Jeff

Reviewed 9 February 2015

Nine of us visited for three days for a family girls' trip. The house is wonderful -- nice and big -- with 5 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. Huge kitchen and sitting area, a lovely living room and dining room. The Inn is right on Main Street, just across from the Nimitz Museum. An easy walk to everything in town.

Bedding and linens were superior quality.

The owner was very friendly and accommodating while giving us our privacy. Would absolutely recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank WednesdayNightGirl
Jeff L, Manager at Keidel Inn & Gasthaus, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2015

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for Keidel Inn & Gasthaus. Really appreciate your business and hope your family will come back again soon.

Reviewed 16 October 2014

We rented this home for a wedding. IT is across the street from the Nimitz hotel so it is perfect if your event is there. The home was very clean and the rooms were lovely. The inn keepers provided large casseroles for breakfast, as well as milk, coffee and juice. As this is right at the beginning of the main shopping area on main street, you could not make a better place to stay.
If you require a little extra room there is also a cottage out back with one room and a fold out couch. perfect for families!!!

Room Tip: You can rent the upper level or lower level. There are three rooms (two queens in two rooms and a set of twins in another room) upstairs with one bathroom. There are two rooms downstairs and two full baths.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
Jeff L, Manager at Keidel Inn & Gasthaus, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2014

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to do a review. Comments are greatly appreciated. There are a couple of correction for future guests. The upstairs has 3 bedrooms (2 twins and 2 king beds not queens). The separate Gasthaus doesn't have a fold out couch. We have a queen air mattress for the 3rd/4th guests in that suite. Come back and see us again!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The location can't be beat! House has lots of character and room to move about. My only complaints are the road noise early in the morning if you want to sleep in, only 1 bedroom had a ceiling fan, 1 bathroom upstairs for 3 rooms and 2 downstairs for 2 rooms, and the breakfast. My main issue was breakfast. Mainly because you have to pay extra for people over a certain number. The explanation given to me was for the breakfast. The breakfast was continental. Basic fruit, packaged muffins, oatmeal and cereal, and cinnamon rolls. The cinnamon rolls looked delicious. They were so dry that no one ate them. I felt obligated to eat the food because we paid $100 extra for it, supposedly. It would've been better had they not told me the extra cost was for food. Anyway, don't mean to sound super negative. It was a lovely house and everyone enjoyed it. I just like to give a detailed review.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank elbtravel1
Jeff L, Owner at Keidel Inn & Gasthaus, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

First off, my apologies for your experience with the cinn. rolls and the breakfast. I wish you would have contacted me during your stay as I would have tried my best to satisfy you. The rolls are made homemade by one of my staff so I'll get with her to find out what could have possibly happened. They were put in fresh the day of your arrival but obviously something happened.

I did want to address the additional per person charge with you. I've also forwarded your comments to our service (Absolute Charm) as they handle the communication and the booking process. I'm sorry there was a miscommunication from Absolute Charm on the per person charges. They are NOT to cover the breakfast exclusively. No matter the size of the group everyone is provided continental breakfast. The per person charges over 2 in each suite are to cover additional cleaning, laundry, supplies and minimal for breakfast. Obviously, a group of 4-6 is going to be a lot less expensive for us compared to groups 9-14. I completely understand your disappointment with being charged $100 extra for food and that leading to the major issue. I'm sorry we weren't able to talk and I could have explained everything for you.

I hope my explanation clears up some issues and you'll come back to give us another chance at your business.

Jeff