US$ 196
US$ 168
Hampton.com
Fredericksburg Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 148
US$ 140
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 157/night.

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 169
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 107
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fredericksburg(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 121
US$ 113
Fairfield Inn
Peach Tree Inn & Suites(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 78
Hoffman Haus(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 162
US$ 128
Inn on Barons Creek(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 151
US$ 144
Priceline
Barons CreekSide(Fredericksburg)
US$ 229
Settlers Crossing Bed and Breakfast(Fredericksburg)(Great Value!)
US$ 243
All reviewsthe entire propertynimitz museumcasserolemain streetwithin walking distancegirls weekendenjoyed our stayget awaydowntown fredericksburgsuitejeffantiques
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The location can't be beat! House has lots of character and room to move about. My only complaints are the road noise early in the morning if you want to sleep in, only 1 bedroom had a ceiling fan, 1 bathroom upstairs for 3 rooms and 2 downstairs for 2 rooms, and the breakfast. My main issue was breakfast. Mainly because you have to pay extra for people over a certain number. The explanation given to me was for the breakfast. The breakfast was continental. Basic fruit, packaged muffins, oatmeal and cereal, and cinnamon rolls. The cinnamon rolls looked delicious. They were so dry that no one ate them. I felt obligated to eat the food because we paid $100 extra for it, supposedly. It would've been better had they not told me the extra cost was for food. Anyway, don't mean to sound super negative. It was a lovely house and everyone enjoyed it. I just like to give a detailed review.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank elbtravel1
Jeff L, Owner at Keidel Inn & Gasthaus, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay.

First off, my apologies for your experience with the cinn. rolls and the breakfast. I wish you would have contacted me during your stay as I would have tried my best to satisfy you. The rolls are made homemade by one of my staff so I'll get with her to find out what could have possibly happened. They were put in fresh the day of your arrival but obviously something happened.

I did want to address the additional per person charge with you. I've also forwarded your comments to our service (Absolute Charm) as they handle the communication and the booking process. I'm sorry there was a miscommunication from Absolute Charm on the per person charges. They are NOT to cover the breakfast exclusively. No matter the size of the group everyone is provided continental breakfast. The per person charges over 2 in each suite are to cover additional cleaning, laundry, supplies and minimal for breakfast. Obviously, a group of 4-6 is going to be a lot less expensive for us compared to groups 9-14. I completely understand your disappointment with being charged $100 extra for food and that leading to the major issue. I'm sorry we weren't able to talk and I could have explained everything for you.

I hope my explanation clears up some issues and you'll come back to give us another chance at your business.

Jeff

Reviewed 15 May 2014

We were married across the Street this weekend at the Nimitz Museum and brought our whole family and lots of friends down to Texas! We all stayed both houses for a long weekend and NO ONE wanted to leave! Beautiful is and understatement! along with BIG VERY ROOMY even with a house full of loud people from North Eastern PA! So grateful to be in walking distance of not only the wedding venue but all of Main Street Fredericksburg! We even took our wedding photos on the property in back! I cant wait to go back! My guests not only made it for the wedding they all loved the vacation and relaxing outside on the patio with coffee in the morning! IM blessed that everyone got to be together and had an amazing time! Thank you so much to the staff and Jeff for making my wedding day truly remarkable and beautiful! See you soon! Thank you! Mr & Mrs Adam :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ALYSIA A

Thank you Alysia! Congrats on your wedding and glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Ever since staying at the Keidel Inn three years ago for the first time, we keep coming back. It is great to have a group of people so you can rent the whole house and the guesthaus. Recently, we just rented the guesthaus in the back and it was wonderful. The bedding is very nice and the people who run it (Jeff) could not be nicer. They treat people like family.

The location on Main Street across from the Pacific War Museum makes it convenient to everything. It is a historical building, lovely and inviting. The fence around it, the large lawn and the patio in the back truly must have made it the most elegant home in the town in the past. The interior of the home is beautiful - wood floors, thick walls, solid walls. The flow of the downstairs, with the dining room, living room, kitchen make for an inviting place to stay. It can hold four people downstairs, six people upstairs and then two people in the guesthaus. the first time we stayed here, we rented the entire home and guesthaus. We were so surprised when we opened the refrigerator and there was milk, orange juice, oranges, and breakfast burritos. On the counter were muffins, bananas and apples. Then, a couple of days later, he refreshed the milk and brought homemade apple struedel and large cinnamon roles! We did not need to leave the Inn for breakfast, that is for sure. We particularly love the kitchen in this old home, which has an old built-in icebox. It is not functional, but really a beautiful piece. The kitchen is fully functional and we have had meals in the dining room and on the patio - cooking in the kitchen and grilling outside.

We recently stayed here in December and rented the downstairs and upstairs, only using two of the bedrooms upstairs. It is so nice to get up in the morning and meet your family in the kitchen (if you rented the downstairs).
We came back two months later and rented the downstairs, which includes the kitchen, and the guesthaus. We did not have access to the dining and living room with this because that goes with the upstairs if you rent that part and not the whole house. We have stayed here four times over the past three years and we will surely stay here again when we bring friends and family to the hill country.

Room Tip: If there are only two of you, the guesthaus if perfect. If you have atleast 8 people, rent the entire house. (two suites, Emily and Claras). We had 12 people the first time we stayed at the Keidel Inn, thus we rented the main house and the guesthaus.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jeff L, Owner at Keidel Inn & Gasthaus, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you Teresa for the wonderful review! We appreciate your continued business.

One small correction on the Gasthaus is it sleeps 4 (2 in a king bed and another 2 in a queen frontgate air mattress). When the entire property is booked the 13th/14th guests would use the air mattress. When we have families book the Gasthaus, many times the children use the air mattress downstairs while the parents are upstairs.

Our continental breakfast varies based on the number of guests, how much of the property is booked and the duration of the stay. We always have milk, juice, varied fruit, packaged oatmeal and muffins. The part which varies includes breakfast tacos, kolaches, cinnamon rolls, coffeecake, etc.

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Being within walking distance of the downtown area was especially nice since we all enjoyed shopping but with different lists. The main house has five charming bedrooms with three on the second floor. Since our party filled up the house, there was no problem with the shared bathrooms; however, I don't know if they book by the room or not. Only one bedroom had a private bath. The continental breakfasts were marginal at best but that was not a main concern for us. We had stopped in Austin and stocked up on supplies. There were several options for group seating so we could truly enjoy our time of visiting. I would rec to my friends.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Jeff L, Owner at Keidel Inn & Gasthaus, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Thank you Penny for your review! I wasn't able to find your name as the person who booked so wanted to clarify a few items. We don't book by the room. Strangers never share common areas except the outside portions of the property. Keidel Inn & Gasthaus can be booked several ways. One is to book the whole property. The main house can be booked together or in two separate suites (Clara's & Emily's Suites). The separate smaller Gasthaus can also be booked as one unit. Disappointed to read the comments about the breakfast. Sometimes when groups book the property all the people are not told what to expect. We provide a continental breakfast effective for all new bookings as of April 1, 2013. The feedback over the last year has been positive in regards to the quality and quantitity.

For more information about the property, here's a link to our main page with our reservation service (Absolute Charm): http://www.absolutecharm.com/KeidlInn_Launch.html

We've also had most our reviews posted on Homeaway so you can read those at the following link: http://www.homeaway.com/vacation-rental/p325134

Reviewed 26 May 2013

My best friend and I stayed at the Keidel Inn in Sept 2012. We were in the part of the house with 2 bedrooms/2 bathrooms and the kitchen. The rest of the house (including the 2nd floor) was rented to another group. We loved this house. The location is perfect. The vouchers for breakfast (or lunch) were great. My only complaint is that the other people in the house were loud. I don't know if it was the house or the people, but it wasn't anything big that detracted from how much we loved the house. Sitting outside in the courtyard in the morning was wonderful and I highly recommend it. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends