“Not impressed ”

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Fredericksburg
A TripAdvisor Member
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 20 August 2017 via mobile

Worst customer service experience I've ever had. Front desk was rude and unprofessional. I would recommend avoiding this hotel so you can enjoy your stay in Fredericksburg. Much more accommodating options available in town.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

This holiday inn express is almost like a resort! I say almost, only because there's no restaurant. From the moment we walked in, the staff made us feel welcome. The pool is one of the best pools we've ever had the pleasure of swimming in!!! The room is super clean, and the free breakfast is hot, and my son's favorite! I have to call out the staff because they were exceptional! Max and Bianca worked the front desk like professionals, and made us feel like we were friends! The manager Bradley made great suggestions for area restaurants as well as making us feel at home. This place needs to be your number one spot when coming to Fredericksburg! Look no further!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Front desk called "before check out time" & asked if we were staying another night or leaving. Confused, I confirmed check out to be noon & then was told housekeeping was ready to clean. Check in is 3 & check out is noon per hotel. Calling before check out time to rush a paying customer for the convenience of housekeeping is very disrespectful. Called manager after we left & he apologized but confirmed that they wanted to keep their housekeepers on track. Suggested he change his check out times versus rushing paying customers. Then he told me the front desk told him they called our room at 12:15. Ha! Front desk staff lied. They called before noon. I had already left the hotel & it was 12:15 while I was on the phone with the manager. I told him that's odd as it's 12:15 now, seems her story doesn't really add up. He confirmed that & made no amends for the poor customer service. Real disappointment in the staff & management. Especially when I have stayed twice in 1 week.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Mymndsi
Reviewed 16 August 2017

I would definitely enjoy staying here again on our next visit to Fredericksburg! =) The staff were super friendly and made us feel so welcome while staying. We enjoyed the luxurious King suite which not only had an area for the sleeping area but a completely separate space so one could eat or chill in the "living" room which also had a small fridge, microwave and sink.

The outdoor space was phenomenal! There was plenty of space to relax, the fire pit made it cozy for the cool night as well as the hot tub, which has some interesting strobe lights underwater too which was cool! That is one thing I always look for when choosing a hotel is if they have a hot tub! Plus the pools were huge and had some cool features such as the waterfall (cove) and slides! I'm sure the kids would enjoy this tremendously! Was so nice after a fun day of enjoying the town to just come back and relax in the jacuzzi for a bit before sliding into the super comfy bed!

The breakfast, I could go on about this... everything to choose from pancakes to eggs/bacon, cereal, oatmeal, fresh fruit, and plenty of coffee! Most hotels its just bagels or cereal, but they really brought everything out. Also, I'm glad they had healthy cereal too, I always tire of the super sugary cereals. Plus the lady staffing the breakfast was so nice when they were out of sausage she was quick to bring more out I didn't even have to ask! Great breakfast!

Overall, I would highly highly recommend this hotel on to others that would be staying in the area!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

People are rude & don't teach their children any manners either! If you can sleep with kids yelling in the hallways & people slamming doors all night you won't mind staying here. The walls are very thin! It's not a bad hotel although a little pricey. We didn't use the pool because it was always so crowded. Parents just turn their 5-6 year olds loose in breakfast area with no supervision so if you aren't in a hurry breakfast offered a decent selection. For the price next time I would choose a bed & breakfast. The bed was comfortable & bathroom was clean. Wifi wasn't very good. I always take a fan to help block out noise but didn't help much in this busy hotel. Will try other places before staying here again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple