“Wonderful B&B made a wonderful weekend!”

Grape Creek Ranch Bed & Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Grape Creek Ranch Bed & Breakfast
Tomball, Texas
“Wonderful B&B made a wonderful weekend!”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

After spending many nights in B&Bs worldwide, this is one of my favorites. Not sure how the grounds were last year, but the first thing I noticed upon arriving was how neat , clean and welcoming everything was! The cabin appeared brand new and was very comfortable. The loft upstairs is suited for childeren, and we plan on bringing my daughter next time. The bedroom was very comfortable, with no complaints at all. Breakfast was definately European, as stated in the magazine we found this B&B in here in Tomball, Tx. It reminded me of my time in Germany, with fresh breads, coldcuts, cheeses, fruits, eggs and yogurt. Definately filling and enjoyable. The only complaint my wife and I could even have, would be that the weather didnt cooperate! Etty and the Staff really care about this establishment, and it really shows. If you are accustomed to more American B&Bs with an american hot cooked group breakfast, this may be a different but pleasent change. We really enjoyed our stay and cant wait till next time. One more thing, the internet was slow in the cabin were we were, but this actually improved our stay as it was a vacation, and i really didnt need to be tied down anyway. Thank you Etty, Two thumbs up!

Room Tip: all cabins appear to be equally appealing.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MikeBarrette
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We stayed at the B&B for 2 nights last spring. We loved it! it was clean, beautiful, breakfast was delicious- mostly home made, and the kids had the best time. The owners took the kids for a walk at the creek, collected rocks, decorated the rocks, and near the fire, baked pita bread with them. We loved our stay there.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mikikidron
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 2 February 2012

We spent few days with the kids (4 and 14), and really love the place. The cabin is new and clean with nice privacy for the adults while the kids sleep up stairs. The stream near by produce a fish for this inexperienced fisherman, to the joy of the kids. We got to feed the horses and rabbits, play in the playground and travel around Fredericksburg which is a lovely town. The owners are friendly and helping and the best of all is the breakfast basket which is reach and prepared with much attention. We loved the fresh bread, variety of spreads, fresh vegetables and great scramble eggs. seating on the balcony and having breakfast was a perfect way to start the day. We'll come again

Room Tip: All look the same
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with innstant.com

1 Thank AmirEinav46
La Grange, Texas
Reviewed 5 January 2012

My husband and I called last minute during a very busy New Year's weekend and were immediately contacted by the owner. The cabin was clean and cozy, breakfast was served in the wine cellar and was fresh and delicious. We walked around the property and enjoyed the animals and the grounds. We were sorry we had to leave, that could have been a very relaxing place to spend a whole day.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Arza F
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Our family of 4 (2adults and 2 boys under age 10) stayed at one of the cabins over memorial day weekend. I had booked the place after seeing an advertisement in a local Houston magazine. It is promoted as a new, luxury B&B, working ranch with cabins etc etc. The descriptions and the website and not really indicative of the reality. The people who run it are nice and seem well intentioned but are very inexperienced and don't seem to understand that there is a discrepancy between their advertising and their actual product.

Basically there are 6 or so cabins nestled in the woods. However while the cabins themselves appear new, the grounds are poorly maintained and over grown. When we arrived there was NO ONE to greet us...no check in area or anything. We stopped at the "Roadhouse Bar" that appeared to share the property and asked a lady inside to help us. She managed to track down the owners via phone who were not on site and we were told to proceed to our cabin which was unlocked with the key in the door. There was no cell phone reception that was remotely reliable so making calls was impossible. Very disconcerting.

The cabins are tiny but cute. Clean and nice but pretty basic. There was no working internet...very slow connection. We were told there was a loft bedroom for the kids. This was a joke. After crawling up some hobbit sized stairway, we came to the loft that was sitting room only! My kids could not stand up without hitting their heads! My husband and I could only crawl around. There were two mattresses in there made up as beds. That was it. My kids enjoyed this experience though. Not sure if all cabins are like this but this is the set up in Pecan cabin.

Kitchen had all the basic utensils and pots etc. Coffee pot had not been cleaned on arrival. The coffee available was store brand yuck. Bring your own. Bathroom was super tiny and door would not latch. No place to hang anything and floor got very wet. Did not like the bathroom set up at all. Actually the cabin felt very claustrophobic.

The website touted breakfast as being delivered to the cabins every morning in a basket between 8:30-9:00. Again this was not what we quite got. Breakfast was NEVER on time the two mornings we were there. I had to call the owner to find out why it was so late...kids got hungry and cranky. When it arrived...it was nice and basic but certainly not B&B quality. There were eggs, bread, store bought muffins, cheese etc. Pretty generic stuff in a basket. having stayed at B&B that pride themselves on their home cooked breakfasts this was less than spectacular. I could have made the scrambled eggs on the stove in the cabin. Very underwhelming considering that we had to wait so long.

The owner/operator did make an effort to talk to me on the phone and stopped by. Invited the kids to feed the llamas and the chickens etc which we did. She set up smores for the kids and set out paints for them to paint rocks. This part was nice. However the property is so run down looking in some parts that I was nervous to let the kids go down to the overgrown creek for walks (promoted in the literature) or wander around too much. I saw old tires and rusty wire strewn around. My guess is the present owners have bought the property with the idea of turning it around to a good B&B, however they have a ways to go to get there.

There are way nicer properties in Fredrickburg to stay at with kids for close to the same price. I wish I had done more research. This is nice if you don't have very high expectations and just want a basic, quiet cabin. We paid $130 a night...all in all I thought that was a bit steep for what we ended up getting.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Blink5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fredericksburg
12.2 km away
Vineyard Trail Cottages
#7 of 28 in Fredericksburg
16.5 km away
Hye-Way Haus Bed and Breakfast

Been to Grape Creek Ranch Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK