“When location is what really matters...”
Review of Inn on the Creek

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Inn on the Creek
Ranked #60 of 80 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Rome, Georgia
“When location is what really matters...”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

... and you don't care about much else this place is awesome. It's at the very end of Main Street with a private parking lot for guests only which is very convenient and the accommodations in the room I stayed in, Seventh Heaven Suite, were very nice. Comfy bed, nice jacuzzi tub, spacious but that's about where all the nice things I can say ends.

First off let me begin by saying the office staff was rude after I booked. I called when I was a few miles outside of Fredericksburg around 1pm just to get directions to their office and the lady who answered the phone didn't seem to be rushed for anything but she was very short with me and even said "Sir, you'll just need to wait till 3 before we can do anything". I should've just not stayed at that moment but I did anyways because I had paid and I realize sometimes people just have bad days.

I finally get checked in and get my room and the first thing that stuck out was no shower in room. Not a big deal. However, the window in the bathroom didn't fully seal which was letting flies in. It was also terribly noisy from the housekeeping and hearing every door in the back half of the B&B closing. Around 6:30am I was awoken to the banging of pots and pans and after a late night the last thing I wanted was a 6:30am wake up. No matter, I get up to get coffee and just enjoy a beautiful morning but the older woman making breakfast told me to get my coffee and leave till 8:30 when breakfast would be served... second time the staff was rude. She watches me get a coffee cup, staring at me with arms crossed, watches me get coffee, then tells me the rack I got my cup off of was for new mugs that people could buy and that since I'd taken one I would have to pay. I laughed and asked how much, $25 and she assured me she was quite serious and I told her they should've had a sign letting people know and if they wanted $25 for a cup they better be serving kopi luwak in it. Again, I don't let people get to me easily but it's starting to get ridiculous when you pay someone to serve you and all the seem to be able to do is be rude. For the record, I didn't get charged but if the charge had been there it would have been in dispute.

Now, their website makes a big deal out of how good their breakfast is, and some other reviews are raving about it, but let's just hope this older woman isn't the one responsible for making this breakfast they're supposedly known for because it was absolutely terrible. McDonalds would've been better and I don't even eat fast food. Baked, dry bacon, frozen pancakes, soggy eggs with what seemed like flavorless peppers and some sort of sour fruit mush. Enough orange juice for 1 glass a person, but don't worry, there's plenty of bad tasting tap water on hand.

I would've loved to be able to say good things about this place, but honestly the only thing it has going for it is location and that's why it only got a 2-star rating, otherwise it would've been 1 star. I will never stay here or at any of the other B&B's this property management company runs. I'd rather bring my tent and sleep with the rattlesnakes and scorpions.

Even the other guests I met at breakfast said they wouldn't be staying again, and the reasons were discussed at length in front of the rude old lady.

Room Tip: Simple, it you must stay, Seventh Heaven is probably the best bet but I would recommend against stay...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
10 Thank ajsquared
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lake Brownwood, Texas
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Plan on staying again SOON! Would be a great place for family reunion or a girl's weekend!! All rooms are beautiful and tasteful, very comfortable and clean. Breakfast is to DIE For!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: smaller and cozy- to large and Grand. ALL Beautiful
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My husband and I stayed in the Tuscan Room for our 10th anniversary. Had I known in advance that our room was going to be the size of a closet, I would not have chosen that room! I believe that they probably should advertise the size of a room if it is going to be that small! The room did not have a pleasant smell and the bathroom had no shower. Only a tub with a shower handle, that if you stood up, water sprayed everywhere! And there was black (old mold?) stuff around the tiles. The room was dusty and one of the box springs on the bed looked gross. I did try to change our room (before I knew any of this stuff) with absolute charm, but they would not. I do have to say the breakfast was absolutely delicious! It was the best thing about our stay there! As I said before, this was our tenth anniversary and this is not a room to choose for that special of an occasion. It was very disappointing for me. Not sure how the other rooms are, but I will probably choose another bed and breakfast to try next time.

Room Tip: If you are claustrophobic, do not choose the Tuscan room.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Amy C
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Short Review: Next to kitchen, very noisy, if you like to sleep after 7am don't stay here, overpriced, unhelpful management.

Long Review: We checked into the 7th Heaven Suite at 11pm after a four hour drive. All we wanted to do was sleep. We were greeted just inside the doors to our suite with a laminated page of warnings telling us all the rules we must follow or we will be fined and our credit cards charged. Not the best welcome. We decided to light the fireplace to relax a bit after our drive. The "fireplace" is actually some sterno cans behind some fake logs. Despite the note saying they don't smell, they do. We gave up on that and went to bed only to find another warning note in a nice frame on the wall. The bedding has to be handled in a certain way or you will be charged! You must carefully fold back the covers and if you are unfortunate enough to spill something on them or if the owners feel they were mistreated, you will be charged! Apparently the owners spent a lot on this bedding and they want you to know it. I wish they had spent as much on the pillows. One which felt a bit squishier, was revealed to be stained and shredded when we pulled back the pillow case cover. My husband noticed the plastic crinkly sound that the mattress pad made every time we moved. *Sigh* Not a good start for a Bed and Breakfast.
We were awake at 7am, not by choice but because this is when the kitchen starts making breakfast. This is how we discovered the room we booked is right next to the kitchen. We had hoped to sleep in but this was not possible. I sent an e-mail to the management company to let them know this was a problem and they told me I should have told the cook to be quieter. Right. When we went up to breakfast, everyone was talking about the terrible pillows, the bedding and the threat to charge us. It was actually kind of funny. Our cook/host at breakfast was very nice and even gave some tips on wineries to visit. After we walked off our breakfast, we returned to our room for a shower. There isn't one. The only way to get clean is to use the Jacuzzi tub, which wasn't clean. I told the management company in an e-mail that it was not clean. Absolute Charm responded by saying that we should have called housekeeping to come and clean it so it's our fault it wasn't clean. Shouldn't rooms be clean before the new guests arrive? At $250 a night, the room should be pristine.
We booked this inn because the 7th Heaven Suite looked wonderful online and it is close to Main Street. It is a very convenient location but is overpriced for what was offered and it is poorly managed. Spend your money elsewhere.
On a side note, the management company Absolute Charm was completely unhelpful when we had an issue with the flowers and champagne package we ordered. Don't waste your money on these "upgrades". We recieved a grocery store bottle of Andre Champagne and a bouquet of roses which were shoved into a vase which still had a $4.99 price tag on it. The only thing that was worth it was the chocolate covered strawberries which you can order yourself through a local bakery for $14.95. I'd suggest not booking any accomodation through Absolute Charm as they were very unhelpful in dealing with my dissappointment and actually tried to make it my fault that they couldn't help resolve the problem.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank MaryTraveler411
TexasTammy, Owner at Inn on the Creek, responded to this review, 24 January 2012
This guest recently stayed in our most popular suite Seventh Heaven. Unfortunately she checked out of the inn after just one night of her two night stay without giving us an opportunity to send housekeeping to see if we could make her happy. I'm sorry she didn't care for the fireplace but we advertise it as an ambiance fireplace with special Real Flame gel fuel. Real fire without the ashes. It's really been popular with guests.

We do not usually have any noise complaints, but just in case, I have just ordered white noise sound machines for each suite. It certainly can't hurt, and I really enjoy using mine at home.

As to the package she ordered she told us she thought the price she paid was just for champagne, strawberries, and flowers when in fact the biggest part of the package is the luxurious couples massage. Our reservationists left three messages with this guest before she arrived asking her to tell us when she would like her massage. We never got a response. Nonetheless I did refund this guest $175 even after she made it clear we would receive a negative review just because I believe it was the right thing to do.

Hopefully you will look at our other hundreds of great reviews and decide for yourself. We are confident you will love the Inn on the Creek, and especially the Seventh Heaven suite! Thanks for reading.
Garland, Texas, United States
Reviewed 7 November 2011

We have been visiting Fredericksberg once or twice a year for the past ten years. Of all the trips and all the wonderful Inns, none meet the location convenience, charm, relaxation and great breakfasts that Inn on the Creek provide. They are always consistent. ...did I mention the homemade cookies too?

Room Tip: All the rooms are lovely, I love the view from The Oak Room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple